SUNDAY STREETS WESTERN ADDITION
SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2017 | 11:00AM – 4:00PM
Come and enjoy the historic Western Addition neighborhood! Sunday Streets Western Addition connects from Fillmore to Fulton and all the way to Baker St. You are sure to find plenty of hidden gems and historic places to explore along the route.
Activity Hubs will be located along Fillmore St and Baker St., with dozens of free activities in between offered by local merchants. September 10th will be a special day to explore old and new.
Each Sunday Streets is made possible with the support and dedication of dozens of volunteers. From event prep and neighborhood outreach to staffing the event, there’s something for everyone.
Host an Activity
Want to share your project, business or service with your community? Join the fun at Sunday Streets as an Activity Host! The deadline to register is two weeks prior to each event.
The best part of Sunday Streets is meeting your neighbors and getting more connected to your community. Extend the fun by joining our Community Planning meetings.
We strongly encourage biking, walking, or taking public transportation to get to Sunday Streets when possible.
MUNI: For trip planning and other Muni-related info, go to www.sfmta.com. Visit sfmta.com/alerts the week before the event for updated information on any MUNI lines that will be rerouted during the event. Bikes are allowed on front racks of buses. The Mission Sunday Streets route is served by the following MUNI lines:
- 5 at Fillmore and McAllister
- 21 at Central Ave and Hayes St
- 24 at Fulton St and Divisadero St
- 31 at Webster St and Eddy St
- 38 at Fillmore St and Geary Blvd
- Visit sfmta.com/alerts the week before the event for updated information on any MUNI lines that will be rerouted during the event. The following MUNI line will be re-routed from the normal route during Sunday Streets:
- 22 re-routed from Fillmore St to Webster St between Sutter and Hayes
BART: Combining BART with a bike ride or MUNI ride can be a great way to get to Sunday Streets from the East or South Bay. Bikes are allowed on BART trains at all times. For trip planning, go to www.bart.gov. For more information about bikes on BART, go to www.bart.gov/guide/bikes.
- Bart & Bike: Take BART to Civic Center Station, then bike McAllister to Fillmore St
BIKE: Get in the spirit for Sunday Streets by biking there! Go to: www.sfbike.org to download a bike map to help find a flat, bike-friendly route from your area or the nearest transit stop to Sunday Streets. Got a long way to go? Shorten the trip by taking transit part of the way. Muni buses have bike racks for 2 bikes, BART and Caltrain both allow bikes on board.
By Car: Should you chose to drive, be aware that the Sunday Streets route is towed of all vehicles beginning at 8am and no stopping or parking is allowed on the streets after that (even if you’re just stopping for a moment for a cup of coffee), and no vehicles are allowed to drive onto the route after 10:00am.
- The Fillmore Center Garage, 1475 Fillmore St (via entrance on Eddy between Fillmore and Steiner Streets)
- Fillmore Street Annex Garage, 1650 Fillmore St (between Geary Blvd and Post St)
- Fillmore Heritage Center Garage, 1310 Fillmore St (via entrance on Eddy between Fillmore and Webster Streets)
- Pacific Park Garage, 1300 Fillmore St
- Japan Center Garage, 1610 Geary Blvd
- Public Parking lot at 1480 Eddy St
- DMV Parking lot, 1377 Fell St, open 24 hours
Detours and Parking Changes
TOWING: The Sunday Streets route is towed of all vehicles beginning at 8am. Including the following streets:
- Baker St between Fell and McAllister
- Fulton St between Baker and Fillmore
- Fillmore St between Fulton and Geary
No parking or stopping will be allowed on these streets after 8am (even if you’re just stopping for a quick cup of coffee, your car may be towed).
DETOURS & LOCAL ACCESS: Streets begin closing to vehicle traffic starting at 10:00am, and will remain closed to vehicle traffic until 4pm.
- Vehicle traffic will be allowed to cross the Sunday Streets route on Hayes, Divisadero, McAllister, and Eddy Streets.
- North and southbound traffic should use Masonic, Divisadero or Webster Streets instead of Fillmore St.
- East and westbound traffic should use Fell, Hayes, McAllister, Eddy Streets or Geary Blvd instead of Fulton St.
If you need vehicle access to/from your home or place of business during this time, please contact us as early as possible. Email SundayStreets@livablecity.org or call 415-344-0489 to coordinate access.