Do you enjoy talking with people? Are you passionate about making a positive difference in your community? If so, we invite you to take advantage of an opportunity to use your skills to build a better future for San Francisco residents. The San Francisco Department of Environment is a great place to work and offers an attractive benefits package, including healthcare and retirement options.
The mission of the City and County of San Francisco Department of the Environment (SF Environment) is to improve, enhance, and preserve the environment, and to promote San Francisco’s long-term environmental sustainability. SF Environment includes: Zero Waste, Toxics Reduction, Environmental Justice, Clean Air Transportation, Climate Change, Energy, Green Building, Urban Forest and Public Information Programs.
The Environment Now Public Service Aide will function as a part of the Outreach and Communications team aimed at promoting the Department’s policies and initiatives to businesses and residents of San Francisco. Under minimum supervision, the Environmental Outreach Aide will assist the Environment Now Coordinators in developing and delivering educational outreach projects related to: zero waste, toxics reduction, clean transportation, energy efficiency and environmental justice.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct outreach to residents, businesses and schools regarding the city’s environmental policies and programs, including: door-to-door canvassing, phone calling, event tabling, presenting, and surveying
- Facilitate meetings and workshops with businesses, neighborhood associations, parent-teacher organizations, and community groups
- Conduct on-site zero waste assessments and facilitate employee and resident trainings at businesses and apartments
- Provide technical assistance to businesses regarding sustainability practices
- Respond to public inquiries
- Research, collect, and compile data
- Assist in the preparation of reports and documents
- Assist in coordinating and scheduling outreach activities
- Participate in eco-literacy and project-related trainings
- Perform administrative support and other duties/tasks as required
- Follow the City departmental procedures