Twitter is a world-wide communications platform that is changing how people interact and communicate at home and at work. The Twitter @Policy team focuses on public policy issues posed by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communications services around the world. We also manage and direct Twitter’s corporate social responsibility work in the markets we serve. Our #TwitterforGood efforts involve working directly with NGOs active in the areas of freedom of expression, online safety and security, women and minorities in tech, and emergency services/disaster recovery.
We’re looking for a Public Policy Coordinator for our signature local #TwitterForGood initiative in San Francisco, the @NeighborNest. The @NeighborNest is a 4,000 square foot community tech lab that hosts technology and social service programming for a range of community partners in San Francisco.
● Manage office supply inventory and general office operations. Ensure all delivery persons are directed appropriately.
● Coordinate with Twitter Security staff to ensure safety of facility and that visitor policy is consistent with security protocols.
● Greet all visitors to the @NeighborNest and ensure they are properly signed in, badged, and directed to their Twitter host.
● Assist @Policy Team with internal events at the @NeighborNest and HQ and ad hoc projects.
● Monitor and maintain visitor registration database.
● Manage and maintain organization calendars for institutional @NeighborNest meetings, workshops, and seminars (You will not be responsible for managing individual Twitter employee calendars).
● Work with NGOs on bolstering Twitter’s NGO engagement, #TwitterforGood days of service, and other corporate social responsibility initiatives, including our p ro bono “Ads for Good” program.
Skills and Experience:
● You’ll need a keen interest in Twitter and ideally, proficiency with the Twitter service.
● Reasonable fluency in technology and a passion about the power of communications to change the world for the better.
● Knowledge of Keynote, PowerPoint, and other presentation programs preferred.
● The ideal candidate will be highly organised, disciplined and self-driven with guidance.
- Attention to detail, professionalism and completion of tasks is key.● Strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills.
● Additional language fluency skills a plus.
● A sense of humor.
How to Apply:
● Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org #####