Greetings and Happy Black History Month AAPAC Members and Supporters,
February, the official month dedicated to honoring the contributions of Black and African Americans, is here and we must CELEBRATE, EDUCATE and PARTICIPATE!
The AAPAC Advisory Team urges you to work with your school sites to ensure that celebrations are being planned and evidence of these celebrations are visible and well executed. Although we celebrate Black History EVERYDAY, it is important that we spend this month educating our families, friends and communities about the richness of our history. We encourage you to join AAPAC, SFUSD and the City of San Francisco in 2017’s Black History Month celebratory gatherings listed below. Please also take sometime to read through the attachments for additional information.
Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:30pm-8:00pm
CAC for Special Education: Reading Programs and Assisted Technology for Students with IEPs and 504 plans
Support for Families of Children with Disabilities, 1663 Mission Street SF, CA
The purpose of the Community Advisory Committee (CAC) for Special Education is to champion effective special education programs and services and advise the Board of Education on priorities in the Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA). Dinner and childcare will be provided. To meet with SFUSD Special Education Supervisors arrive at 5:45pm for the coffee chat. Flyer Attached
Other Black History Celebrations in SF:
- San Francisco Public Library Celebrates Black History- http://sfpl.org/?pg=1022958101
- Museum of the African Diaspora- http://www.moadsf.org/calendar/
More ways you can share the Collective Brilliance of African American people in your home:
- PBS Black Culture Connection: http://www.pbs.org/black-culture/home/
- PBS Documentary Suggestions: http://www.pbs.org/black-culture/explore/10-black-history-documentaries-to-watch/#.WHgJybYrK8o
- Time for Kids: http://www.timeforkids.com/minisite/black-history-month