Friends of the Children is looking to hire 3 Professional Mentors (“Friends”), who are the key to our program. An individual needs to have an Associates degree, and a successful applicant must have a demonstrated passion for working with young children as well as an intention to stay with this job for at least 3-5 years. Apply here.
Friends of the Children – SF Bay Area
Professional Mentor – Friends of the Children
Friends of the Children – SF Bay Area is the newest chapter of a national mentoring organization with a proven track record of helping our most vulnerable children break the cycle of generational poverty.
We employ trained, full-time professional mentors – we call them “Friends” – to provide a stable, caring, and sustained relationship in each child’s life for 12-1/2 years, no matter what!
Seeking to hire two more extraordinary individuals, one male and one female, who are looking to develop intensive, long-term, trusting relationships with children who need it most. Each Friend will work with eight children and will:
- · Set positive expectations
- · Nurture and promote the child’s individual strengths, talents and abilities
- · Help assure physical and emotional well-being
- · Teach life and academic skills
- · Provide enrichment activities
- · Model responsible behavior
- · Each Friend will spend approximately four hours per week with each child and will report directly to the Program Director.
The ideal candidate will have:
· · ·
Minimum of AA degree, BA preferred
At least 1-2 years of experience working with at-risk youth
Familiarity with the Bayview Hunters Point section of San Francisco or similar communities.
- · Must pass drug screening
- · Must have decent driving record
- · Must pass fingerprint and background check
- · Friends must provide their own child-safe vehicle and insurance; we reimburse for mileage
- · Work hours vary but are generally 10am-7pm, Tuesday – Saturday, however flexibility is essential
Position Details: friends-of-the-children-sf-bay-area.hiringthing.com Salary: $38,000 to $42,000, depending on experience
Benefits: Generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, 3 weeks paid time off per year, additional sick leave and paid holidays
To learn more about Friends of the Children, please go to: friendsofthechildren.org
Friends of the Children – SF Bay Area is committed to our community, to equal employment opportunity, and to diversity in our workplace. We are fiercely committed to equity and will ensure that every aspect of our mission is executed with full engagement of the communities impacted by our work.