This experienced professional must possess 5+ years of experience in the after school field, which includes programming, managing multiple sites and overseeing complex projects. The successful candidate is articulate, highly intelligent, creative, a problem solver with exceptional interpersonal skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit to fit into arc’s culture of growth and opportunity.
– Manage Regional Managers, Site Coordinator and Senior Site Coordinators at comprehensive after school sites, which include all schools (grant funded and fee based).
– Serve as point of contact for school and district administrators. Develop and maintain relationships.
– Facilitate long-term strategic planning to grow and develop new avenues for expansion.
– Generate new business opportunities through community networking, client relations, attending sales meetings. RFPs and proposals.
– Manage fiscal aspect of sites though tracking and developing budgets, expenses, fee based program receivables and analysis of cost accounting.
– Track ADA and ensure it is at or above target numbers.
– Identify and develop emerging leaders.
– Visit sites and offer ongoing evaluation feedback.
– Analyze survey data from parents, students and teachers, reporting results and actions to senior management.
– Manage calendar of special events; maintain inventory and create master school year calendar.
– Organize paperwork and administrative aspects of the after school business in relation to Federal Program Monitoring (FPM). Ensure compliance it met at district and grant levels; maintain accurate records of all district level training, employee attendance.
– Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
– Create, develop and complete multifaceted projects (including understanding and developing a Guide to Best Practices).
– Additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Knowledge of cost accounting.
– A collaborative team player with a strong work ethic.
– Ability to prioritize responsibilities and work under deadlines is expected.
– Bi- or Multi-lingual, strongly preferred.
– Willingness to work occasional early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
– Maintain highest degree of confidentiality in student, staff and management matters.
– Ability to speak and write standard English appropriate in a public school setting
– Public speaking skills
– Required to travel offsite for site visits, staff development trainings and other related events. Occasional traveling to Torrance, CA Home Office.
– Must pass Live Scan (fingerprinting background check) and tuberculosis test upon receiving job offer.
– 5+ years of experience managing multiple school sites.
– BA in education or related field required; additional coursework or MS degree desirable.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– General understanding of business management, analysis and finance.
– Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills expected with capacity to interact with outside vendors and other members of the community.
– Close attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with big picture thinking.
– At least 2-4 years in leadership or staff development; leadership experience in education desirable.
This position reports directly to the Vice-President of Programs at the arc Home Office. The Director of Programs San Diego is a full-time, exempt, and benefits eligible position.