Western Addition Neighborhood Access Point Job Developer, Full-time.
Organizational Overview The Success Center SF (SCSF) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the youth engaged with the juvenile justice system. Since then SCSF has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SCSF envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
Working in collaboration with the SF Office of Economic and Workforce Development the SCSF operates the Western Addition Neighborhood Access Point to provide job development and employment placement services to over 300 youth, adults and seniors annually. SCSF partners with multiple stakeholders including providers within the OEWD system, District 5 leaders and businesses, community residents, and staff with workforce expertise to design and implement effective services.
The Job Developer will cultivate, grow and actively maintain lasting partnerships with employers in San Francisco and nearby counties. S/he will conduct outreach to area businesses, participate in local business and community networks, and develop a menu of services to support the hiring process in Western Addition businesses. S/he will provide assistance to job readiness/placement services.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Cultivate and establish mutually beneficial relationships with San Francisco and Bay Area businesses to secure ongoing employment opportunities for participants.
- Create, support and/or maintain an “Employer Database” which identifies key employer contacts, industries or sectors and job seeker placements with identified employers,
- Generate job leads that match qualifications of participants, including warm leads through online job boards and other relevant sources. Actively help identify and manage job announcements for various job boards with weekly updates.
- Partner with Employment Specialists to actively engage participants in their job placements.
- External liaison representing SCSF in the business community; providing workshops, trainings and other supports for businesses.
- Provide follow-up job coaching to ensure retention in placements.
- On a rotating basis, serve as “Career Advisor of the Day” for drop-in participants.
- Maintain timely, accurate documentation in program logs and client files.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with SCSF and OEWD performance standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with one year direct experience in Workforce Development or experience is staffing or recruitment in exchange for education, but must have HS Diploma or equivalent
- Extensive directly-related experiences with employment and job readiness training.
- Able to access/interpret labor market information
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, and an understanding of client database systems
- Understands the needs of small businesses. Is able to adapt materials and services to address these needs.
- Strong customer service skills
- Respects and has knowledge of cultures, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientations and age groups other than one’s own, able to work effectively with all.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to SCSF’s mission.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to info@SuccessCenterSF.org.
Success Center SF values inclusivity and honors differences in race/ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic level, and sexual orientation. Candidates who will contribute to the diversity of our staff are encouraged to apply.