The City of San Francisco is looking for aspiring teachers who want to join a movement of educators pursuing equity for young people in public schools through the San Francisco Teacher Residency (SFTR). SFTR is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 Residency Year!!
You can also join our movement today by visiting www.sfteacherresidency.org
Through SFTR, you will:
- Earn a teaching credential and a Master’s degree from Stanford University or the University of San Francisco at significantly reduced costs
- Participate in a yearlong classroom apprenticeship in a San Francisco public school that serves historically underserved students and communities
- Be eligible to receive up to $15,000 in housing grants upon program completion
- Receive approximately $18,000 in AmeriCorps stipends and awards
- Get a teaching position with the SFUSD upon successful completion of the program and receive intensive coaching during your first three years in the classroom
- Learn from SFTR and San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) leaders on topics relevant to San Francisco teachers, including implementing restorative practices, anti-racist teaching, developing trauma-sensitive classrooms, and understanding the SFUSD common core curriculum
- Receive free healthcare benefits
Please see the attached brochure for more details.