Dear Community Leaders (and Adult Allies),
I am excited to share that the San Francisco Department of Children, Youth & Their Families (DCYF) is moving forward expansion of their youth voice and engagement work through the relaunch of the Youth Advisory Board. We are seeking youth leaders with insight and expertise to ensure that DCYF’s Youth Advisory Board provides a positive, meaningful and genuine youth engagement experience for all members. We are reaching out to you to help us identify and recruit youth champions who are between 16 and 21 years old and who you know have the leadership experience in advisory boards, youth programming, youth-led initiatives, and other leadership roles in the city! We hope you will consider this opportunity to apply or to support current youth leaders in applying!
What will a DCYF Youth Advisor do?
As a DCYF Youth Advisor, you will:
- Serve on a body of youth who are dedicated to informing decisions that are made on behalf of the children, youth, and their families in San Francisco
- Provide feedback and recommendations to DCYF on activities, initiatives and projects based on the department’s planning and funding cycle
- Serve for a minimum 1-year commitment that includes attending one two-hour meeting per month (minimum of 10 meetings per year) with the potential to attending DCYF funded or sponsored events as representatives of the department and ongoing community engagement as desired.
What’s in it for Youth Advisors?
Through this process Youth Advisors will gain knowledge surrounding the programs and strategies funded by DCYF and learn about the many resources available to families and youth in San Francisco!
Youth advisors will also:
- Impact funding decisions and the decision-making processes for DCYF’s projects in San Francisco for the benefit of children, youth, and their families
- Network and collaborate with other youth and young adults working in the community
- Receive a DCYF-issued letter of recommendation, verification of volunteer hours or referrals to agencies to volunteer as needed for resumes, college applications and internship opportunities
- Receive monetary stipends based on meeting expectations
You can find more information in the attached application. Please share the application with the youth leaders in your life!
Please note that we will be accepting applications through December 15th – OR – until all the positions are filled beyond this date.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!
Department of Children, Youth and Their Families