Careers in Sustainability
A career panel and networking event
Are you interested in finding an engaging and meaningful career? Join us on December 1stto learn about pathways into the broad fields of sustainability, environment and infrastructure ! These careers encompass a wide range of public and private sectors and non-government organizations working together to support a healthy environment, society, and economy. There are meaningful jobs available for people at all skills levels and backgrounds throughout the Bay area and nationwide. As they say – “all jobs at SFPUC are environmental jobs”.
- Thursday, December 1st 2016
- San Francisco Public Library, 4-6 PM
- Career Panel and Networking with employers
- Light snacks and refreshments provided
What is it?
This event features a panel of climate and environmental professionals followed by networking with potential employers. You will hear perspectives on sustainability initiatives and careers from various sectors including educational institutions, public agencies, non-profit organizations, and private industry. After the panel, take some time to connect with peers and meet employers offering internships and other opportunities to break into a career in sustainability.
Who should attend?
The panel will be particularly useful to college students and emerging professionals interested in starting a career in the quickly growing field of sustainability. All skills are needed, though some helpful backgrounds include:
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Science
- Engineering and Field work
- Marketing/Sales and Public Relations
- Mechanical Aptitude
Who will be there?
The career panel will be moderated by Drew Lehman, Environment and Education. Panelists will include:
- Karen Kubick; SFPUC, SSIP Director; Women in Sustainability Leadership Awardee- 2016
- Brendan Pipkin; Project Coordinator at Strategic Energy Innovations
- Jordi Vasquez; SFPUC Climate Program Research Assoc.; UC Santa Cruz Carbon Neutrality Initiative Fellow
- Fellow, SEI Climate Corps Fellowship Program
- Representatives from sustainability in higher education
Potential employers will include:
- SF Public Utilities Commission
- Strategic Energy Innovations
- Rising Sun Energy
- And more!
For More Information:
If you are interested in learning more, or tabling as an employer, please contact Drew Lehman at firstname.lastname@example.org