SFO’s Office of Employment and Community Partnerships is seeking a local college student interested in youth workforce development to join our team for one year.
The SFO Internships Team Leader must be a junior or senior at a local college, able to work up to 20 hours per week, and have experience working with youth. Pay is $20/hour to start and will increase to $21/hour after three months.
Please see the job description below and call or email with any questions.
SFO Internships Team Leader
THIS ASSIGNMENT IS PROGRAMMED TO BE ONE YEAR FROM September 2016-September 2017
About SFO’s Office of Employment and Community Partnerships
The San Francisco Airport Commission has achieved successful partnerships with youth, Tenants, and partnering Community Based Organizations through the Airport Office of Employment and Community Partnerships. Established in 1998, this office creates and enhances partnerships to meet the intersecting workforce development needs of the Airport, the City and County of San Francisco, our neighboring cities and county, the educational community, community-based organizations, and private business. In addition to managing several unique internship programs, ECP also coordinates school partnerships, employment-related tours, and the Susan Tong Employment information Center, a one-stop employment center for Airport Tenants and the general public. SFO hosts more than 100 interns each year.
This particular position will be an opportunity for a college student to professionally develop in the areas of case management, work readiness training, community relations, event planning. This position requires the ability to act as a peer leader for young people, including at-risk you, while maintaining boundaries, holding youth accountable, using failures or errors as teaching moments, and continuing maintaining high standard for the interns in our programs. Training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will assist in SFO’s internship programming. This position will be responsible for monitoring, evaluating, and planning services for all interns, under the direction of staff. Duties include:
- Assist with managing a case load of up to 100 interns, with a special focus on high school, YouthWorks interns, and Career Connect
- Mentoring and monitoring the performance of interns
- Evaluating performance
- Maintaining personnel files and intern database
- Writing reports on intern progress and intern demographics
- Identifying resources and organizations that interns can use to stay successful
- Meeting with all levels of the airport who directly work with interns for monthly reviews
- Meeting with partnering community based organizations, and update reports related to internships
- Creating multiple training workshops and community building opportunities throughout the calendar year
- Payroll and transit coordination
- Career Dress Appointments
- Coordinate with ECP staff on employment opportunities for transitioning interns
- Assist with the planning of intern related events
- Assist with Social Media activity
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior at a local college.
- Ability to work 15-20 hours per week hours per week.
- Interest in youth development, workforce development, social work, community development, and local government.
- 6 months experience working with youth
- 1 year experience writing and verbal communication and strong editing skills.
- Creative thinker with the ability to work with a diverse population.
- 6 months experience using Photoshop and photo editing skills preferred but not required.
Please note that the expected hours for this position are between 15-20 hours per week between the hours of 8am and 5:30pm. There may be occasional weekend or evening requirements.
Starting pay for this position is $20/hour with the possibility of a pay increase to $21/hour after three months of employment.
Benefits are not offered.
How to Apply: Submit a related resume and cover letter by close of business on 9/2/16 to
email@example.com Subject: SFO Internships Team Leader
Specific questions regarding this position can be directed to:
Programs and Training Coordinator