YMCA OF SAN FRANCISCO
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR- W.A. BEACON CENTER
Job Title: Family Engagement Coordinator Reports To: Beacon Director
Status: Non-Exempt Incumbent:
Salary Range: $20-22 DOE
Start Date: August 1, 2016
The Family Engagement Coordinator will lead the implementation of all family involvement strategies at the Western Addition Beacon Center. This will include strategies to support academic achievement, economic sustainability and the development and maintenance of healthy lifestyle practices for all youth and adult constituents. Working closely with school site staff and community based partners, the Family Engagement Coordinator will conduct assessments, study data and monitor trends to ensure that the needs of the school community are continuously being met. Combining the priorities of the school administration and the lead agency this coordinator will foster the healthy development of individuals- to support achievement, self-advocacy, the strengthening of families, and positive relationships throughout the school and broader community.
Age: 21 years
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Two (2) years of college education and on the job experience may be substituted.
Availability: Monday- Friday (40 hours/ week) and some weekends for events and outreach
Related Experience: The incumbent must possess a variety of skills that include the ability to support access and referrals to social services in San Francisco, effective oral and written communication skills, fiscal management, curriculum development and facilitation skills. The ability to work well with adults and children, skills to support project planning and event management. Proven ability to develop partnerships, access and maintain new and existing resources. Due to the nature and responsibility of this position, it requires the incumbent to maintain a high level of confidentiality when dealing with participants, staff, school site personnel, and internal/external representatives.
Language Skills: Spanish bilingual/bi-literate a must, English/ Spanish translation skills preferred
Specialized Skills: fiscal management (accounting, bookkeeping, and grants), written and verbal communication skills, computer skills with Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
Licenses & Certifications: YMCA approved First Aid/ CPR and AED Certification
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- You must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- All employees working with the YMCA are considered to have supervisory or disciplinary action relationship over minors. Fingerprints will be taken upon commencement of employment and will be submitted to the Association Office human resources department prior to beginning the first day of work.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, community meetings and events as required.
- Develop curriculum for adult and family workshops and events.
- Reviews data and trends to determine the needs of the school community.
- Establish relationships with community leaders, business and organizations.
- Ability to organize and support parents to lead school- wide campaigns and events.
- Assist with youth focused program as needed.
- Assist with grant writing, fund development, and strategic planning.
- Support the development and dissemination of marketing and communications for the Beacon Center.
- Participate in all branch and association functions, meetings, etc. as deemed necessary by the Beacon Director and Executive Director of the Buchanan YMCA.
- Demonstrate the Character Counts values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
- Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause Driven Leadership areas of mission advancement, collaboration, operational effectiveness and personal growth.
- All other duties as assigned by the Beacon Director.
WA Beacon Center Director
1530 Buchanan Street
San Francisco, CA 94115