Through KP LAUNCH, Kaiser Permanente offers unique and dynamic health care internship programs that provide interns with practical job skills and experiences in a supportive environment.
As a school or community organization supported by Kaiser Permanente, we invite you to encourage your youth to apply for the 2016 program. This internship program provides youth from underserved communities and diverse backgrounds a paid fulltime work experience for eight weeks over the summer. While working, interns gain exposure to various health careers that they may choose to pursue after high school graduation.
KP LAUNCH interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work fulltime within various Kaiser Permanente departments for eight weeks
- Learn about a variety of different health careers opportunities
- Meet and learn from health professionals and their internship program peers
- Gain professional and personal development through workshopsThe summer 2016 program in the San Francisco is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 13 and end on Friday, August 12.
- To apply for this 2016 summer program, a paper application must be completed and submitted to: Rose Howley
Application dropoff location:
HR 2241 Geary Blvd, Room # GB118Printed paper applications must be submitted by: Monday, February 22, 2016 at 5 pm
- Applicant Criteria:
- Must be the age of 16 or older by June 1, 2016
- Must be enrolled in high school or a general education degree (GED) program, or a recenthigh school/GED graduate within one academic year
- Must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
- Must come from an underserved background
- Must have an interest in working in the healthcare environment
- Must be able to work fulltime during the eightweek program
- Must undergo and pass all Kaiser Permanente employment requirementsPlease note:The program prioritizes the selection of junior and senior high school students and recent high school graduates; others are welcome to apply.Applicants who are dependents of Kaiser Permanente employees are ineligible to participate in the KP LAUNCH summer internship
programs. Applicants who are Kaiser Permanente dependents will be removed from the applicant pool.
Please email application request to:
firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone # (415) 833-3822