The following announcement with the San Francisco Department of Public Works has opened for filling on 1/29/16 @ 5:00am.
JOB TITLE: 7120 Building & Grounds Maintenance Superintendent
Please Post this announcement, located at
http://www.jobaps.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=TEX&R2=7120&R3=901456 for all employees and prospective applicants. We appreciate and thank you for your assistance in our recruitment efforts.
Should you have any questions, please contact Raquel Knighten at 415-695-2004.
7120 Buildings And Grounds Maintenance Superintendent
|Department||San Francisco Public Works|
|Date Opened||1/29/2016 9:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/5/2016 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$61.06 – $61.06/hour; $10,584.00 – $10,584.00/month; $127,010.00 – $127,010.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
The current position is located at General Services Agency, San Francisco Public Works, Bureau of Building Repair.
Appointment Type: Temporary- Exempt Full-time. The department has one (1) position available. The position is a backfill for a current employee who is on leave. The duration of the assignment is not known, but shall not exceed 2 years. In order to be considered for a permanent appointment, incumbent will be required to successfully compete in a Civil Service Examination. Location: San Francisco Public Works, 2323 Cesar Chavez St. San Francisco, CA 94124
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under general direction, organizes, directs and supervises the maintenance and repair activities for a group of buildings and surrounding grounds including physical properties, machinery, equipment and other pertinent inside and outside facilities; maintains environmental health and safety compliance in accordance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations; assigns and directs the activities of various skilled craftsmen and others engaged in maintenance and operational activities; and performs related duties as required.
Requires responsibility for: Carrying out, developing, interpreting, coordinating and enforcing policies, methods and procedures for a comprehensive overall maintenance and repair program; making regular contacts with supervisory personnel in various departments and with representatives of outside organizations in connection with maintenance and repair matters; checking, reviewing and approving detailed operational and work performance data and reports.
- High School Diploma (Copy of High School Diploma must be submitted by filing deadline) AND
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in building maintenance and repair work and in the maintenance, repair and operation of a wide variety of associated mechanical, electrical, ventilating, heating and related machinery; or an equivalent combination of training and experience (Letter of verification must be submitted with application. Please see VERIFICATION SECTION below) AND
- Possession and maintenance of a valid driver license (You must submit a copy with your application)
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: ·
- Project Management Experience
Verification of all Minimum Qualifications above must be submitted by the filing deadline. See verification section below for details.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process by registering an account.
- Click and select the 7120 Buildings & Grounds Maintenance Superintendent
- Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have registered previously”
- Follow instructions given on the screen