HSF Scholarship Application Now Open! Hispanic Scholarship Fund
If you are an outstanding high school senior, college undergraduate, or graduate student, HSF is pleased to formally invite you to explore our programs and resources, and to determine your eligibility for a college scholarship!
Deadline:March 30, 2015
to create your MyHSF
profile so you can start your scholarship application process today and learn more about our services!
• Be of Hispanic Heritage
• Have minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for high school students
• Have minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for college and graduate students
• Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited not-for-profit four-year university or graduate school during FALL of the scholarship cycle year
• Be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, DACA or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA)
• Complete FAFSA or state-based financial aid application (if applicable)
Information about our scholarships:
• All scholarships are merit-based and available for undergraduate and graduate students
• All majors and graduate fields accepted
• An emphasis on STEM majors
• Scholarship awards range from $500 to $5,000
College 101: Get Informed in a 2-Hour, Weeknight Workshop
College 101 is a free, bilingual, two-hour workshop for high school students and their families, which identifies and addresses the various steps necessary to plan for a college education. Each session provides valuable information about how to prepare, plan, and pay for college, apply for scholarships, and research financial aid opportunities. The workshops are offered on weekday evenings, in various cities across the country.
Join us at College 101 in Miami!
College 101 – Miami
Location: Milander Center for Arts & Entertainment, 4800 Palm Avenue, Hialeah, FL 33010
Date: January 20, 2016
Time: 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. EST
HSF’s LUNA (Latinos Uniting & Networking for Advancement) Reception Coming to L.A.!
Save the date for our upcoming HSF LUNA Reception in Los Angeles. These receptions bring together HSF Scholars, Alumni, and other accomplished Latino professionals to network, build relationships, and become actively involved in advancing higher education for the Latino community. Click here to view our LUNA video
LUNA – Los Angeles
February 3, 2016
Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
135 North Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Learn How to Prepare, Plan, and Pay for College at HSF’s College Camp
College Camp features free, bilingual, half-day, college preparation workshops held in various cities around the country. The programs are designed to help middle and high school students – and their parents – prepare, plan, and pay for college. Breakout session topics include preparing for and applying to college, choosing a college that’s the right fit, writing a personal statement, researching financial aid and scholarship opportunities, and understanding the real cost of a college education. Students are grouped by grade level, and parents can choose to receive information in either English or Spanish. Participants have the opportunity to interact with HSF Scholars, Alumni, and supporters, including local business leaders, sponsors, and educators.
Join us as at College Camp
College Camp – Dallas
Location: University of Texas at Dallas, Address TBD
Date: February 20, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. CST
VOLUNTEER REGISTER TO ATTEND