Up On Top has a Program Leader Position open for 2016. They are looking for devoted community advocate that LOVES children and want to support their development.
Up On Top After School and Summer Program Program Leader Job Description
Job Title: After School Program Leader
Report to: After School Site Coordinator/Program Director Starting Wage: $15.00 hourly, 22.5 hours per week
Work hours: Monday-Friday 1:30-6:00pm (10 month position)
General Overview: Under the direction of the Site Coordinator, the Program Leader will provide assistance for all students enrolled in the after school program and will lead engaging, literacy infused academic, enrichment, social and recreational activities with groups of up to 20 students. Program Leaders will provide opportunities for students to develop and strengthen skills in all areas of their development with a 10 to 1 student teacher ratio with the support of program volunteers.
- Development weekly lesson plans under the supervision of the Site Coordinator and advising Program Director
- Lead organized literacy based activities 3 hours a week for students to strengthen reading, writing, listening and speaking skills
- Participate in weekly staff meeting with Site Coordinator to discuss and address students support
- Participate in a minimum of 10 hours of professional development trainings/workshops
- Must implement discipline structure, program and classroom expectations at all times
- Participate in and evaluate the effectiveness of program activities and events.
- Distribute and collect survey’s from various stakeholders in the program (parents, family members, students and volunteers)
- Instruct students daily on the importance of safety and the proper use of supplies and equipment at the program/ Perform related duties as assigned
- Communicate all program events and activities to students and their families
- Maintain a clean, safe and friendly work and learning environment for all program participants
- Interact professionally and appropriately with parents, teachers, and other community members
- Participate in school site staff meetings and ongoing trainings for student support
- Inspect the after school site(s) and the equipment for potential safety hazards and take corrective action toprevent injuries and unhealthy situations
- Comply with all San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) and Up On Top policies and proceduresThe effectiveness of this position should be measured by:
- Enthusiastic families who recommend the program to others in the community
- An attractive and orderly program environment
- Measureable progress in the children’s social, academic, physical and behavioral abilities
- The level of intentional skill building should be displayed throughout the entire program
- Program maintained at capacity enrollment at high quality standardsQualifications:● At least 2 years of college coursework, with 6 units in ECE (Early Childhood
Education) or equivalent
● Minimum 1 year experience working with diverse groups of youth in an organized
Setting/after school program or classroom
● Able to implement and supervise a positive learning environment, incorporating academics, Enrichment and recreational activities for students Kindergarten-5th grade.
● Health Screening/TB Clearance (every two years)
● Background/Fingerprint Clearance
● CPR certification required (every two years)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Silena@upontop.org. DO NOT CALL IN REGARDING THIS POSTION.