The BEETS program is hiring for spring interns! In t his paid internship you will learn how to grow healthy food, meet new friends, teach kids, and make a difference in the community through field trips and work in our gardens.
This spring we’ll learn about food justice. Learn where your food comes from, how fresh fruit and vegetables can heal our bodies and communities and how to grow your own food. Gain valuable leadership and job skills all while getting paid!
The deadline to apply is Monday, January 18th at 1pm. Click on the application and flyers below or email Melissa@communitygrows.org for more information.
- Maintain community and school gardens in the Western Addition
- Develop critical job skills (resume writing, interviewing skills, showing up on time, professionalism, etc.)
- Assist teaching our elementary school garden classes
- Attend field trips
up to $1,074 during session (depending on hours worked & attendance)
- 15-19 years of age on Feb 2, 2016
- Living in San Francisco (priority given to Western Addition residents)
- Interested in gaining experience in basic horticulture, environmental education, and basic job skills
- Able to commit to the entire
spring 2016 session:Feb. 2 – April 28, 2016
- Available: Tuesday and Thursday 3:45pm-5:45pm, 1 additional weekday shift based on their availability, and 1-2 Saturdays/month
Legally employable in the U.S.
Applications must be received by Monday, January 18, 2016 – by 1:00pm
on our website or see attached files.