Up On Top has a Program Leader Position open for 2016. They are looking for devoted community advocate that LOVES children and want to support their development.
Up On Top After School and Summer Program Program Leader Job Description
Job Title: After School Program Leader
Report to: After School Site Coordinator/Program Director Starting Wage: $15.00 hourly, 22.5 hours per week
Work hours: Monday-Friday 1:30-6:00pm (10 month position)
General Overview: Under the direction of the Site Coordinator, the Program Leader will provide assistance for all students enrolled in the after school program and will lead engaging, literacy infused academic, enrichment, social and recreational activities with groups of up to 20 students. Program Leaders will provide opportunities for students to develop and strengthen skills in all areas of their development with a 10 to 1 student teacher ratio with the support of program volunteers.
- Development weekly lesson plans under the supervision of the Site Coordinator and advising Program Director
- Lead organized literacy based activities 3 hours a week for students to strengthen reading, writing, listening and speaking skills
- Participate in weekly staff meeting with Site Coordinator to discuss and address students support
- Participate in a minimum of 10 hours of professional development trainings/workshops
- Must implement discipline structure, program and classroom expectations at all times
- Participate in and evaluate the effectiveness of program activities and events.
- Distribute and collect survey’s from various stakeholders in the program (parents, family members, students and volunteers)
- Instruct students daily on the importance of safety and the proper use of supplies and equipment at the program/ Perform related duties as assigned
- Communicate all program events and activities to students and their families
- Maintain a clean, safe and friendly work and learning environment for all program participants
- Interact professionally and appropriately with parents, teachers, and other community members
- Participate in school site staff meetings and ongoing trainings for student support
- Inspect the after school site(s) and the equipment for potential safety hazards and take corrective action toprevent injuries and unhealthy situations
- Comply with all San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) and Up On Top policies and proceduresThe effectiveness of this position should be measured by:
- Enthusiastic families who recommend the program to others in the community
- An attractive and orderly program environment
- Measureable progress in the children’s social, academic, physical and behavioral abilities
- The level of intentional skill building should be displayed throughout the entire program
- Program maintained at capacity enrollment at high quality standardsQualifications:● At least 2 years of college coursework, with 6 units in ECE (Early Childhood
Education) or equivalent
● Minimum 1 year experience working with diverse groups of youth in an organized
Setting/after school program or classroom
● Able to implement and supervise a positive learning environment, incorporating academics, Enrichment and recreational activities for students Kindergarten-5th grade.
● Health Screening/TB Clearance (every two years)
● Background/Fingerprint Clearance
● CPR certification required (every two years)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Silena@upontop.org. DO NOT CALL IN REGARDING THIS POSTION.
PDF of Program Leader job description:
Winter Night Hike and Campfire program – 6:00pm – 7:30pm – Meet at Rob Hill Campground in the Presidio of San Francisco Call 415-561-2805 to register or for more information. All Ages Welcome; Free to attend.
Winter Wonderland – Western Addition Beacon Auditorium (380 Webster St., # 416) – 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Activities will include snacks and treats, performances, and gifts for kids. Everyone is welcome!
For more information or questions, call Tulsi at 415-749-2714.
Fillmore 4th Annual Holiday Marketplace
December 18, 2015 4pm -9pm
West Bay Conference Center – 1290 Fillmore Street
San Francisco’s Fillmore Street between Fulton and Post
Restaurants, Shops, Clubs
Historic Fillmore Live Music District
Buy holiday gifts, taste new cuisine, and meet Santa!
All are invited by
San Francisco Supervisor London Breed
Lower Fillmore Merchants Association
Parents Education Network
SF Monthly Parent Group – December 18, 2105 – 11:30am – 1:00pm
1300 – 25th Avenue; Suite # 100
December Topic — Celebrations and Family Time: Ways to talk about difference and support uniqueness
Facilitated by Elizabeth Corsale, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist at Pathways Institute
Parents of children with learning and/or attention differences have a unique and different experience of parenting than their peers and other family members. Monthly parent groups will provide opportunities for parents to connect with one another to share experiences, ideas, and resources. Topics and themes will inform and encourage parents to reflect on their experiences and roles.
It’s a festive time of year where routines fall to the wayside and family and friends come together in wider circles of celebration. For parents of children with learning and/or attention differences, the shake-up of the holidays can have its challenges. This meeting will discuss practical suggestions for managing holiday celebrations and supporting your family’s journey.
Cost: FREE to PEN Members. Registration required.
Register at: http://portal.parentseducationnetwork.org/event-2100200/Registration
This parent Drop-In Group is intended to be an affinity space for PARENTS with students with learning and attention differences. As such we ask that our community members who are professionals in the field of learning differences honor this intention and refrain from attending these meetings unless they do so in their capacity as parents of students with learning and attention differences. This group is not a space to advertise services.
The FOR INFORMATION ONLY announcement for the Citywide Class Based Testing in class 2708 Custodian is posted from 12/16/2015 (8:00 am) to 02/1/2016(7:59 am).
Online applications will be ACCEPTED ONLY from 02/01/2016 (8:00 am) to 02/03/2016 (5:00 pm).
Please forward the link to anyone who may be interested. Applicants must access the following City and County of San Francisco website http://www.jobaps.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=CBT&R2=2708&R3=901099 to view the announcement and instructions.
General Services Agency
Caroling Down the Fillmore – meet at Starbucks (1501 Fillmore St. & O’Farrell) – 4:00pm – 5:30pm –
Students of the Western Addition after school programs will be caroling down Fillmore street; singing classic Christmas songs! Starting at Starbucks, they will stop at the Northern Police Station and end a Queen Adah Hall (Fillimore & Turk).
Be sure to sing along and show your support!
Feel free to print and distribute flyer: Caroling Down Fillmore
Gospel Night Out – Buchanan Mall
December 17, 2015 – 6:30pm
Please come out and celebrate with us on the Buchanan Mall as we have transitioned into a New Beginning on Buchanan.
For additional information, email email@example.com or call 415-525-0851
Career Readiness Workshop Series
@Ella Hill Hutch Community Center
1050 McAllister St., SF
Sponsored by Collective Impact San Francisco
December 9 – Skills and Job Readiness Assessment
December 16 – Banking and Budgeting Workshop
Every Wednesday starting December 9 – from 11:30am – 12:30pm
RSPV: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com