The Leo T. McCarthy Center for Public Service and the Common Good at the University of San Francisco invites you to our
Winter 2016 Community Partner Service-Learning Seminar
We welcome nonprofit staff interested in creating sustainable service-learning partnerships with USF faculty and students to participate in this five-week seminar beginning the first week of January 2016.
- Define service learning and clarify its relevance for your organization;
- Develop a better understanding of service-learning processes and practices at USF;
- Integrate service learning into your pre-existing programs;
- Network with other organizations and create a community for feedback and support;
- Develop a service-learning project for the upcoming academic year;
- Develop templates (e.g., orientation, student learning plans and reflection activities) for service-learners at your organization;
- Five sessions, two hours each;
- Brief readings and assignments in between sessions;
- Development and presentation of a service-learning project. Ideally, this project will be undertaken by your organization and a USF service-learning course in the upcoming academic year;
Community partners will receive a stipend of up to $250 upon fulfillment of the commitments stated above.
Application deadline: Dec. 2, 2015