The Treasure Island Homeless Development Initiative (TIHDI, pronounced “tie-dye”) is organized to provide exits from homelessness and other assistance for economically disadvantaged families and individuals through housing, employment, economic development, and support service opportunities on Treasure Island.
Employment Project Manager Job Opportunity
TIHDI seeks an Employment Project Manager for a newly created position. We are looking for a person with a strong background in community based employment programs serving very low income people with barriers to employment in the construction industry. This position requires someone who has recent experience working with job seekers, employers, nonprofit agencies, contractors, labor and government agencies. Under the direction of the TIHDI Executive Director, the Project Manager will work with the SF Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) to achieve the hiring and retention goals that are part of the development program for Treasure Island. The goals for the project are 25% economically disadvantaged workers and 50% San Francisco residents for construction work and permanent entry level positions.
The Employment Project Manager will operate and refine TIHDI’s Job Broker Program for construction related positions (including construction administration positions). The Job Broker system is a referral system comprised of nonprofit agencies serving homeless and low income San Franciscans throughout the City. The Project Manager will work closely with OEWD’s CityBuild to assist contractors in meeting the hiring goals for construction and with the TIHDI Program Assistant for permanent hires, on call and temporary positions.
The ideal candidate will possess:
Ø Demonstrated ability to implement a program that works with multiple parties to achieve success in the construction fields, particularly in SF or the SF Bay Area;
Ø Demonstrated ability to successfully prepare workers and develop & implement job retention & barrier removal strategies;
Ø Database knowledge in Salesforce or comparable CRM software such as Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud or similar customizable contact database products.
Reports To: Executive Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Listed as a percentage, indicating approximate percent of time spent on each category, this list includes only essential functions required to perform the job therefore additional duties may be assigned.
40% Operate TIHDI Job Broker System for construction related positions
- Maintain and develop contacts with Job Broker Referring Agencies as they relate to construction
- Develop communication and reporting systems with CityBuild/OEWD as specified in memorandum of understandings
- Meet with CityBuild staff on regular basis to obtain hiring data and trouble shoot
- Track & report on Job Broker placements, retention and other activities
- Develop training programs with CityBuild if needed
35% Candidate Recruitment
- Recruit, Screen and refer candidates for construction job openings (including construction administration work)
- Develop and manage job retention strategies for construction related positions
- Develop barrier removal strategies and system for implementation for construction work job seekers
- Ongoing communication with CityBuild, Contractors and Developers to receive employment forecasts, prepare candidates for opportunities
15% Administration of Salesforce database for Job Broker System
- Update & maintain salesforce database for job orders, referrals and tracking outcomes for construction related work and issue reports
10% Coordination with TIHDI Economic Self Sufficiency Program
- Working with TIHDI Services Director, establish processes and procedures for Job Broker clients in construction related positions to access and utilize ESSP services.
Total = 100%
Education and Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of professional work experience.
- At least five years of relevant and recent (within some of that experience being in the last 5 years) nonprofit program management level experience
- Experience working with low income people with barriers to employment
- Demonstrated experience managing an employment program, specifically one aimed at the construction industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with personal computers, especially all MS Office applications
- Salesforce.com or similar non-profit CRM database experience preferred
To apply : Please submit cover letter & resume by September 15, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org