Do you have legal questions about your small business? Find out how to get up to 40 minutes of commercial legal assistance! Urban Solutions, Hanson Bridgett, and
Legal Services for Entrepreneurs have partnered to offer free appointments with
attorneys who can answer your questions about legal issues relating to your new or
existing small business. Legal Office Hours participants will have a chance to
explain their legal issues, ask questions, and receive advice from an attorney.
WHEN | Wednesday, April 9 from 4 pm – 6 pm
WHERE | West Bay Conference Center 1290 Fillmore Street at Eddy
HOW | Email Amelia@UrbanSolutionsSF.org or Call (415) 553 – 4433 x 104
PRESENTED BY | Hanson Bridgett & Legal Services for Entrepreneurs (LSE)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday, March 24, 2014
At Legal Office Hours, small business owners and entrepreneurs can make appointments with Urban Solutions to receive the following legal services:
- Appointment with a lawyer from Hanson Bridgett LLP about your business legal issue, and
- Appointment with a lawyer from Legal Services for Entrepreneurs for referrals to other resources for your business legal issue.
Your appointment may focus on one of the following topics:
- LEASING TERMS, NEGOTIATION AND RENEGOTIATION
(tenant’s rights, right to terminate, option to renew)
- ENTITY FORMATION
(forming a corporation or limited liability company)
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- CONTRACT TERMS AND NEGOTIATION
(scope of work, limiting liability, right to terminate)
- EMPLOYMENT ISSUES
(hiring and firing personnel, working as an independent contractor)
To make the best use of your appointment, we recommend the following:
- Make a list of questions and bring it with you so that you can discuss as many important details as possible with the attorney during your 20minute appointment. Questions should be as specific as possible.
- During your appointment, you do not need to spend time describing
your business unless it relates to your legal issue. Focus on the details of your legal issue and making use of the attorney’s expertise.
- If you are contract drafting, bring a first draft, an outline, or a list of concerns. Contract samples can be found athttp://contracts.onecle.com/.
- Bring a pad of paper and a pen to take notes on the advice you receive.
Attorneys cannot discuss tax or bankruptcy issues, threatened or pending litigation, or draft your legal documents. Attorneys are available on a pro bono basis to Urban Solutions clients during the scheduled Legal Office Hours appointment only, unless the attorney indicates otherwise in writing. Urban Solutions requests that you do not share the contact information of attorneys with others for any reason. If legal advice is required outside of Legal Office Hours, please contact Amelia Noor at 415-553-4433 ext. 104 and resource assistance will be provided.