Metta Fund is pleased to announce its 2014 Youth Photo Contest. Please support youth in your community to enter the contest and show us what health looks like to them. Also, please help us spread the word by forwarding this email to your networks. Thank you.
2014 San Francisco Youth Photo Contest
What Does Health Look Like to You?
Metta Fund is committed to improving health in San Francisco through increasing healthy eating and physical activity, ensuring safe and healthy living environments, and increasing access to high quality health care and services. Throughout the city, people are making choices that help improve their health.
What does health look like to you? If you are between the ages of 12 – 18, capture an image that shows what health looks like to you and your community and submit the photo by uploading to our photo contest website (see link below).
What could I win?
The following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st Prize $300
- 2nd Prize $200
- 3rd Prize $100
March 7th, 2014 – youth may begin submitting their photos at 12:00 noon PT
April 7th, 2014 – youth must submit their entries by 5:00 p.m. PT
By the end of April 2014 – winning youth are notified
What are the rules for the contest?
- You are age 12 – 18 on April 7th, 2014
- You live in San Francisco, California
- Your entry is an original photo taken in San Francisco
- Only one entry per person
- The file format is JPG format, minimum of 4 megapixels
- Both a title and a caption for your photo will be required. The caption (50 words or less) must describe how the photograph speaks to a healthier San Francisco.
- By submitting a photo, you agree that this is an original photo that you have taken, and that Metta Fund may use your photo for future, noncommercial purposes. The photo may be edited, manipulated, or altered as long as you took the original photo.
- The photographer will take full responsibility for the content of the photo.
- Your entry will be judged on how well your photo, title and caption captures health. A panel of judges comprised of Metta Fund staff and board members, as well as health leaders in San Francisco will select winners by the end April 2014.
Who will see my photo?
Photos may be printed in Metta Fund’s annual report and displayed on the foundation’s Web site and in the foundation’s offices.
How do I submit my information and upload my photo?
Follow this link www.wizehive.com/contests/2014-san-francisco-youth-photo-contest.com to the contest site where you will enter your contact information, upload your photo, provide a photo title and caption.
How will the entries be judged?
Your entry will be judged on how well your photo, title and caption captures health. A panel of judges comprised of Metta Fund staff and board members, as well as health leaders in San Francisco will select winner in April 2014.
Who should I contact if I have questions?