Dear members of the Family Engagement Network,
We are only 17 days away from the 1st Annual SFUSD Family Engagement Institute scheduled for Saturday, September 28th 9am -2pm. As we prepare for the event, we turn to YOU to help us get the word out and register families to attend. Attached you will find registration flyers in English, Spanish and Cantonese.
Be sure to check out and share this video clip that promotes the event: http://youtu.be/C9xob0QzWVg.
This information and attachments can be found on our SFUSD website – see the top item on the district’s home page at www.sfusd.edu !
We hope you’ll participate in the Institute – and we need your help!
How you can help before the event:
· Get the word out to your school community – through your newsletters, announcements, auto dialers, etc.
· Recruit and encourage your parent leaders and emerging parent leaders (the ones who don’t necessarily feel they’re “leaders” but whose potential you see)
· Invite and inform your school staff
· REGISTER, REGISTER, REGISTER families by fax, online (English only) or by phone (English, Spanish & Cantonese)
How you can help on the day of the event:
· Attend the event as participants & support your school site families
· Be a volunteer that day! We need people to help facilitate small groups – we’ll provide an orientation & the prompts
· Provide feedback through our evaluation process at the end of the event
If you want to have an info table at the Resource Fair: please let us know asap so we can arrange the tables!
Schools that do not have Family Liaisons on counting on social workers, school nurses, and Wellness Center staff to get the word out. Please help make sure your emerging parent leaders know about this event!
Thank you in advance for all of your support in helping to make this happen!