JOB TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS WRITER
DATE POSTED: 7/9/2013
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
We have a Communications Writer opening in our San Francisco office. We are looking for an outstanding writer who can create succinct, compelling marketing and web copy for a variety of audiences to support Sales in selling and renewing business. Excellent project management skills and service-oriented attitude are needed to produce multiple projects.
· Managing communications projects from inception through distribution (including research, writing, approvals, editing, proofreading, graphic design, overall quality control, mailing and/or electronic distribution) for external audiences (brokers, prospective clients, clients and enrollees)
· Developing strategic and compelling marketing messages for external audiences, with special attention to writing succinct copy and incorporating visual storytelling
· Producing and maintaining web pages on intranet and corporate website, electronic versions of newsletters, open enrollment collateral, email communications and PowerPoint presentations
· Writing impactful content for prospect e-blasts and direct mail campaigns
· Managing multiple projects and deadlines
· A Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or a related field
· A minimum of 3+ years successful work experience in a related field
· Outstanding writing skills, with samples to demonstrate previous work; ability to write engaging copy about complex concepts (must pass rigorous writing/editing/proofreading test)
· Exceptional project management skills
· Flexible, creative, energetic, detail oriented and with a positive attitude
· Knowledge of print and web design
· Knowledge of content management software such as Drupal a plus
· Knowledge of basic HTML, WordPress and SharePoint. Knowledge of Windows platform and MS Office suite
· Working knowledge of usability and SEO
· Knowledge of health care industry and of Delta Dental products, policies and guidelines a plus.
· Ability to interact well with co-workers and outside contacts
· PC literacy required; MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
SALARY: To be determined
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits package
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER* AND RESUME TO:
Recruitment and Selection
Delta Dental of California
100 First Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
***Please reference job number 3305 JR-JA, and let us know how you heard of the job***
MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY – EOE/AA
In connection with your application for employment with Delta Dental of California and its’ related companies, please note that any offer of employment made to any applicant will be contingent upon the satisfactory results of a background check. Such background check may include, but is not limited to, an investigation of credit worthiness, a check of references, employment and education verification, a check of criminal records and/or any other investigations as permitted by law.