SFO Intern Team Leader
Application Due: July 19, 2013
Projected Start date: Early September 2013
Location: San Francisco International Airport
Hours: Approximately 20 hours a week, Monday – Friday. Must work at least one shift from 2:00 – 5:30 p.m. Remainder of work hours are scheduled around Team Leader’s school schedule.
Rate of Pay: $16.05 per hour. (Free parking provided).
Job Description: The Intern Team Leader will assist in the administration of several SFO internship programs including two high school internship programs and one out-of-school youth program. Interns in these programs work throughout the Airport. The Team Leader will serve as a role model and peer mentor to interns while working with all levels of Airport management. Duties include but are not limited to:
- · Assist with intern recruitment and placement;
- · Collect interns’ attendance and work hours and track data using Excel spreadsheets;
- · Track interns’ transit schedules and distribute transit vouchers to interns;
- · Communicate regularly with interns and mentors via email, telephone, and in writing;
- · Meet with interns to discuss their progress and upcoming events;
- · Meet with mentors to discuss performance and growth potential;
- · Write reports and memos;
- · Update database and maintain hardcopy files;
- · Attend special events hosted by the Mayor’s Office.
- · Must be currently enrolled in an accredited degree program – junior status or above
- · Good oral and written communication skills;
- · Proficient in Microsoft Word. Experience using Excel and Access is a plus but not required;
- · Must enjoy working with young people;
- · Ability to communicate with all levels of management;
- · Ability to visit various offices within the terminals and Airport grounds;
- · Ability to attend meetings in San Francisco and Peninsula areas;
- · Familiarity with San Francisco and San Mateo county schools.
How to Apply: Submit resume and cover letter explaining your interest in working with career development and youth. E-mail resume and cover letter with the subject heading “SFO Intern Team Leader Application.” Your cover letter should specifically express your interest in being in a leadership position. Please email these items to: