Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to enable economically-disadvantaged students to enter and thrive in the economic mainstream by providing them the knowledge and work experience required to succeed as professionals.
In our San Francisco office, we are looking for enthusiastic individuals who can lead, motivate and mentor youth in a manner that helps transform promising students into young professionals. Qualified individuals will also have the composure, confidence and organizational skills to manage and build relationships with the corporate clients who employ our students. Few jobs are as rewarding as this. You will see students enter the program as typical teens and graduate 14 months later as self-confident young men and women with clearer visions of what they want to accomplish in life and defined plans for how to achieve their goals. 97 percent of our graduates go on to enroll in college as a result of the Genesys Works program and we need people like you to make it happen!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Teaching our professional skills curriculum to students during an eight-week summer training program
- Developing trusted relationship with students to mentor and encourage them throughout the program
- Leading weekly team meetings of Genesys Works students during the school year where you assist them in choosing a career path, applying to colleges, and securing the financial aid to be successful in college
- Managing relationships with corporate clients to ensure that client and student issues in the workplace are dealt with effectively
- Monitoring and motivating student intern performance in the workplace
- Working with guidance counselors and teachers at targeted high schools to identify and recruit appropriate students for Genesys Works
- Managing projects including planning student events and coordinating student performance reviews
- Assisting with new office initiatives in areas including, but not limited to, communications, fundraising, client recruitment, curriculum development, student recruitment and alumni programming
We seek candidates who believe deeply in our organization’s mission, who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment, who have a passion for collaboration and teamwork, and who demonstrate a record of achievement in previous activities.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and 2-3 years relevant experience
- Strong presence and leadership in a training room
- Initiative to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus
- Heart, humor and a commitment to our youth development mission
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
- A passion for learning, innovation and an excitement about implementing new ideas
- Project management skills including strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Comfort working with computers, databases and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Four year college degree, all majors considered
- Office is set in a corporate setting and there are monthly outdoor activities
- Little to no travel required
- Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply:
Go to http://www.tfaforms.com/277275
to submit your application. The deadline to apply is April 22, 2013. First day of employment will be approximately June 6, 2013.