2013 SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The 2013 Metropolitan Transportation Commission High School Summer Internship Program is now open and accepting student applications online. Approximately38 internships will be available throughout the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area. The pay rate is$10.55 per hour. Each internship will last up to a maximum of 250 hours. Students may work full-time or part-time, for up to 10 weeks, between June 19 and August 30, 2013.
The purpose of the program is to:
- promote interest in transportation as a potential career;
- help students understand the role of transportation agencies in the community, county and region;
- provide skill-building and enrichment opportunities during all phases of the program; and
- provide assistance to our partner transportation agencies.
Interested tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grade students are invited to apply now.
- Complete online application.
- Attach to the application a page that describes in your own words a transportation problem in your community and explains what you think could be done to resolve the matter.
- Also attach one letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal, counselor, religious leader or employer (two letters are required if GPA is below 2.8).
Program requirements and information:
Listing of the internship opportunities and application form:
Deadline for students to apply: February 28, 2013
We hope you will help us spread the word and look forward to seeing your students take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.
Metropolitan Transportation Commission
101-8th St 3rd Floor
Oakland, CA 94607