Outreach for Permanent Position
Region 5, Regional Office
Budget Analyst, GS-0560-11/12
Please respond by October 20, 2012
DESCRIPTION OF THE DUTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION:
This position prepares, reviews, and or analyzes historical data and estimates, as well as current spending records and trends. Prepares budget estimates by analyzing the distribution of funds, and actual expenses as compared to planned data.In addition, this position may serve as WorkPlan system administrator and manage the requests and allocation for Permanent and Trust funds. Assist with the current and out-year budget planning (support for capability and performance data call, mid-year, data collection and management, analysis and use of responses). Prepares, reviews, and edits justifications for estimates to be used in the presentation of the budget. Assembles and develops background data and documentation in support of requested program budgets for reference and evidence in formulating the organization’s operating budget. The successful candidate will demonstrate expert knowledge of budget development; work planning, expenditure tracking, spreadsheet and database expertise. Special Analysis may be requested.
Duty Station: This position is in the Program Development, Budget and Accountability Staff of the Pacific Southwest Regional Office. The Regional Office is located at 1323 Club Drive, Vallejo, CA 94592.
· The Pacific Southwest Region of the USDA Forest Service manages National Forest lands in California and assists the State and Private forest landowners in California, Hawaii and the U.S. Affiliated Pacific Islands. The Pacific Southwest Region is commonly referred to as Region 5 (R5). The R5, Pacific Southwest Region is comprised of 18 National Forests with a combined size of over 20 million acres, or approximately one-fifth of California’s land base. Information about the R5, Pacific Southwest Region can be found at website: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/
· The Regional Office is located on Mare Island in Vallejo, California. Vallejo is located at the north end of San Francisco Bay, 30 miles northeast of San Francisco, 60 miles west of Sacramento and approximately 20 miles from the Napa Valley. Mare Island lies within the area qualifying for Bay Area locality pay which is currently 35.15% above base pay. For those considering retirement in a few years, locality pay is included in the base considered for the High-3 in retirement calculations.
· Schools: Public schools kindergartens through grade 12 are provided through the Vallejo City Unified School District. There are public and private schools, day care, preschool and after school care facilities located in the surrounding areas of Mare Island. Secondary and Post-secondary schools include: Touro University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine and School of Health and Science, located on Mare Island and Solano County Community College, which offers two-year vocational programs. In addition, the Bay Area is home to many world-renowned schools including the University of California at Berkeley and Stanford University in Palo Alto with other educational opportunities existing through colleges and universities within a short distance of Vallejo.
· Transportation: Vallejo is served by State Highways 29 and 37 and Interstate highways 80 and 780. The Vallejo Baylink Ferry operates daily between Vallejo and San Francisco, a one-way trip takes about 50 minutes. Greyhound, Continental Trailways and Baylink provides bus service to regional points from Vallejo. Nearby airports include Oakland International (30 miles southwest )and San Francisco International (40 miles southeast) also Sacramento International is (60 miles north) of Vallejo.
· Cultural and Recreation Opportunities: Vallejo’s waterfront and municipal marina provide a spectacular backdrop for sailing, fishing, wind surfing, jet skiing and more. There are many golf courses in the area. Vallejo is located near the Pacific Ocean. It is two hours from the Sierra Nevada Mountains and less than an hour from the Napa Valley wine country. San Francisco and the greater Bay Area are home to several professional football, baseball, hockey and soccer teams. The Bay Area is famous for its many excellent restaurants and nightclubs, its world-class ballet, symphony, opera, theaters and museums of many types and are available throughout the Bay Area.
OUTREACH RESPONSE FORM
Permanent Full-Time position
Pacific Southwest Region, USDA Forest Service
Duty Location: Vallejo, CA
If you are interested in this opportunity, please let us know by returning this response form by October 20, 2012.
Send your outreach response form to:
Supervisory Budget Analyst – Gustavo Macias
AGENCY EMPLOYED WITH:
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT:
HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THIS OUTREACH NOTICE?
This outreach form does not constitute an application and we will only consider applications that are completed when the vacancy announcement is posted. Thevacancy announcement will appear on the USAJOBS website: www.usajobs.gov/
Submission of this form is voluntary, but is encouraged.
Thank you for your interest!