JOB TITLE: Professional Relations Representative (Northern California) (reference #: 6122ACJA)
Delta Dental OF CALIFORNIAis the state’s largest dental health plan. Along with its affiliates, the nonprofit corporation covers 18.1 million people in its commercial and government programs. It is part of a national holding company system formed with Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and its affiliates. Together, the holding company members represent one of the largest dental benefits delivery systems in the country, covering nearly 25 million people in 15 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
We have aProfessional Relations Representative (Northern California) opening in ourSan Francisco, Californiaoffice. We are looking for an analytical, motivated, detail-oriented, self-starterto be responsible for promoting the professional interests of Delta Dental and affiliated companies by maintaining a strong network of participating providers, recruiting and retaining independent network providers. Duties to include:
* Recruiting providers, including interviewing prospective providers, analyzing acceptability according to standards, negotiating contracts and coordinating required credentialing documents
* Maintaining effective communication with internal and external clients
* Analyzing network needs with assigned geographic territory and interpreting statistics
* Reviewing and analyzing competitor information and internal data to determine network needs and to increase network; evaluating and determining cost effectiveness of contracting each particular provider
* Performing miscellaneous duties as assigned including, but not limited to, assisting other departments
Ideal candidate will have:
* A high school diploma or GED. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
* Three years dental office administration and/or clinical dental assisting/hygiene experience.
* Background in sales and/or customer service, a plus.
* Recruitment of dentists, a plus.
* Must have recruitment/network development experience.
* Recruit dentists for Fee-For-Service networks (PPO and Premier) as assigned to meet objectives at department and corporate levels.
* PC literacy; MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); working knowledge of Internet and Intranet.
* Detail oriented, creative and flexible.
* Strong organizational/time management and project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Knowledge of Delta policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of Current Dental Terminology (“CDT”) codes and dental nomenclature.
* Knowledge of Delta products.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Valid driver’s license and ability to maintain an acceptable Department of Motor Vehicle record and purchase and maintain $250,000/$500,000 collision damage liability insurance policy for the car which they will receive the auto allowance.
* The ability to obtain and maintain sufficient credit to manage related job expenses including, but not limited to, applying to and being approved by a third party charge card agency to receive the company’s corporate charge card.
* Must be able to understand fairly complex written and oral instructions.
* Ability to clearly present written information and findings.
* Ability to communicate concepts.
* Strong telephone skills.
* The ability to interact well with co-workers and outside contacts.
* Must be willing to travel.
We offer a competitive salary and complete company-paid benefits for employees and eligible dependents.
TO APPLY:Email cover letter with reference # 6122ACJAand resume firstname.lastname@example.org
MINORITIES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Please visit our website for other employment opportunities:www.deltadentalins.com, click on “CAREE