TITLE: Maintenance Assistant
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Perform duties to assist in maintaining safe and clean facilities for students, staff, faculty and the public. Responsibilities include maintaining and repairing public areas, restrooms, classrooms, and grounds; performing basic office assistance duties, such as answering telephones, receiving deliveries and stocking supplies.
1. Maintain all floors; including stripping, cleaning, sealing, waxing and buffing. Pressure wash sidewalks and other areas as needed.
2. Assists other maintenance personnel in the repair and/or installation of various items, systems and/or components as required.
3. Assist in maintenance projects, including changing light bulbs and ballasts, painting and painting prep, moving materials, yard work, changing filters and other duties as required.
4. Sets up facilities for meetings and events. 5. Assist with daily janitorial duties, as needed including clearing clogged sinks and toilets, rodding drains. 6. Provide weekend and/or evening cleaning coverage of special events when needed (with advance notice).
7. Maintain and clean shop and janitorial areas. 8. Monitor inventories of janitorial products. Request supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
9. On an occasional basis, work as back up for the mailroom staff. Duties may include answering telephones, processing mail, distributing packages, and assisting staff and faculty with copy requests.
10. Perform other related duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: • Knowledge of floor maintenance equipment and materials • Capable of occasional heavy lifting • Able to work without supervision • Facility with hand tools • Painting and painting prep experience preferred
Jun 21, 2012