Temporary Administrative Clerk (up to six months) – this recruitment opened Monday, June 25, 2012 and will close on Friday, June 29, 2012. Online applications will only be accepted on Friday, June 29, 2012 from 8 a.m. until 11:59 p.m.
(Exam# 12-047T) ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK Salary Range: $4,104 – $4,988 Expected Duration: up 6 months Online applications must be submitted to the Recruitment Division Friday, June 29, 2012 starting at 8:00 AM through 11:59 PM ONLY
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) invites qualified applicants to apply for a temporary Administrative Clerk. The current position in the Wastewater Department at the Main Wastewater Treatment Plant is located at 2020 Wake Avenue, Oakland. This list may also be used for future temporary openings which may occur in the next 6 months.
Typical duties of the positions require the ability to:
- Prepare a variety of documents including reports, letters, memos, forms, and similar material from rough draft, plain or corrected copy, dictating equipment, or verbal instructions.
- Proofread and check records and reports for grammatical, clerical and arithmetic accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established standards and procedures and make corrections as required.
- Receive and screen visitors and telephone calls, refer inquiries as appropriate, and make appointments.
- Open, date, screen, sort, route, and process mail, and attach pertinent correspondence and other relevant data for reference.
- Perform a variety of general clerical duties such as processing payroll records, reviewing purchase orders, and preparing reports of periodic activities.
- Operate office and related equipment such as typewriters, word processing equipment, personal computers, computer input keyboards, and copy reproduction equipment.
- Completion of the twelfth grade, or its equivalent; AND
- One year of clerical experience.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Some positions may require the ability to lift materials up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to type at a rate of at least 45 net words per minute.
Desirable qualifications include:
- Experience using Window-based Microsoft Office
- Experience using Excel and Access
- Ability to handle very busy telephones
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ease and competence in interpersonal communications
Visit www.ebmud.com to submit your EBMUD application online Friday, June 29, 2012 starting at 8:00 AM through 11:59 PM ONLY. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted. Applications received on dates other than stated above, materials faxed, mailed or delivered to EBMUD will not be accepted. It is your responsibility to clearly specify your experience. Applicants presenting the best combination of job-related qualifications will be reviewed for further consideration. NOTE: The recruitment for this temporary position will not result in the establishment of a civil service list. Relatives of full-time, regular EBMUD employees are not eligible for non-civil service temporary employment.
All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.