Apply to join the 2012 Youth Empowerment Cohort!
The 2012 Youth Empowerment Cohort is FREE professional development for staff from community-based organizations that directly work with teens in San Francisco. Through twice-monthly day-long workshops, the cohort is an intensive training that will cover topics such as: Preparing for Youth Leadership, Skill-Development for Youth Leaders, Supervision Strategies, Engaging Multiple Intelligences, Youth-led Service Learning, and Program Evaluation.
Each training will utilize both best-practices in youth empowerment as well as peer-learning and reflective practice. Additionally, each cohort member will develop an individualized work plan that will lead youth leaders to develop a youth-led project in their respective programs/agencies in Winter 2012. Select members may also qualify for individualized coaching to meet work plan goals.
Cohort Training Dates/Times
Note: All trainings fall on Thursdays and will take place 9:30am-3:30pm
- July 12, 26
- August 9, 23
- September 6, 20
- October 4, 18
- November 1, 15, 29
- December 13
- Must work for a 501(c)3 non-profit agency based in San Francisco and work with directly youth from San Francisco
- Minimum one year of experience working directly with youth
- Must have support from agency supervisor to participate
- Current job responsibilities must include program planning, development, and/or program delivery and service provision
- Interest in increasing youth voice/leadership in programs
Applications are due on Friday, June 22, 2012 at 5pm.
Please submit questions and completed applications to Prishni Murillo, Youth Empowerment Fund Manager at email@example.com