Online applications will only be accepted from 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 7 until 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 8.
EAST BAY MUNICIPAL UTILITY DISTRICT invites applications for the position of: Janitor
SALARY: $3,810.00 – $4,410.00 Monthly $45,720.00 – $52,920.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 06/04/12 CLOSING DATE: 06/08/12 04:30 PM THE POSITION: Applications will ONLY be accepted by the Recruitment Division ONLINE between 8:00 am on Thursday, June 7 and 4:30 pm on Friday, June 8, 2012. Application materials submitted at any other time or on other dates will not be accepted.
Join an industry-leading water supply and wastewater utility and excel in your career as a Janitor. East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) offers an excellent work environment, stable career opportunities, along with state-of-the-art facilities. Janitors perform a variety of routine cleaning work on EBMUD buildings and grounds.
Typical duties include: Sweeping, mopping, dusting and spot cleaning floors, carpets, rugs and draperies; cleaning, disinfecting restrooms, shower rooms and plumbing fixtures; washing and cleaning doors, windows, walls and upholstery; operating motorized and power tools and equipment.
The Ideal Candidate The ideal candidate for the position will possess the following characteristics:
* Work independently within established guidelines on an assigned shift * Learn how to safely operate a variety of equipment and machinery typically used for large cleaning tasks * Safely and effectively complete assigned job duties in a timely manner * Establish and maintain good working relationships with other EBMUD staff and the public. REQUIREMENTS: A typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge, skills and abilities is:
Completion of the eighth grade, or its equivalent, and no experience.
Must possess physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the class, including: sufficient strength to maneuver cleaning, vacuuming, and stripping equipment weighing up to 50 pounds; strength to lift heavy and bulky waste receptacles; and sufficient agility to work on slippery surfaces. Must be willing to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and work overtime as needed. Positions require possession of a valid California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. THE SELECTION PROCESS: 1. Submit a completed EBMUD application online between 8:00 am on Thursday, June 7 and 4:30 pm on Friday, June 8, 2012. Application materials submitted at any other time or on other dates will not be accepted. Application materials faxed, mailed or delivered to EBMUD will not be accepted.
2. The study guide required for the test will be available online ONLY during the recruitment period; candidates are responsible for printing the study guide during this period. The study guide will not be available after 4:30 pm on Friday, June 8, 2012.
3. Qualified applicants will be invited to a multiple-choice written test. The written test is scheduled for Saturday, July 14, 2012. The written test will measure the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. To be admitted to the test, candidates must show a California driver’s license or receipt of application for a California driver’s license.
4. Those candidates passing the written test will be invited to the panel interview tentatively scheduled for the week of August 6.
5. Candidates who are successful on all parts of the selection process will be placed on the hiring list in rank order for further consideration. As part of the hiring interview process, EBMUD will obtain and review driving records. SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: Please click HERE to download the Janitor study guide.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.ebmud.com
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
375 11th Street, MS #603
Oakland, CA 94607
An Equal Opportunity Employer