Position Title: Executive Program Assistant
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Department: Program Services
Salary: Level F – $63,200 – $79,000
Location: San Francisco, CA
Time Base: 100%
Position No: 3864
WestEd, a nonprofit research, development, and service agency, works with education and other communities to promote excellence, achieve equity, and improve learning for children, youth, and adults. While WestEd serves the states of Arizona, California, Nevada, and Utah as one of the nation’s Regional Educational Laboratories, our Agency’s work extends throughout the United States and abroad. WestEd has 16 offices nationwide, from Washington and Boston to Arizona, Southern California, and its headquarters in San Francisco. The Program Services department at WestEd provides leadership to all agency programs and supports programmatic work that positively impacts the learning and well-being of children and adults.
The Executive Program Assistant will be an integral part of the Program Services team. S/he will provide a blend of programmatic and administrative support to the Chief Program Officer (CPO). This position represents an excellent opportunity for an individual-who is eager to learn and work hard-to broaden his/her perspective on education and nonprofit organizations in a highly visible management environment. The ideal candidate will be a well-organized, detail-oriented, analytical individual with excellent communication skills. Content knowledge or experience in the field of education is highly valued.
* Ensure smooth operation of the CPO*s office, schedule appointments, routinely organize and analyze information, and oversee travel arrangements and correspondence.
* Support cross-program work-groups, and aid in the documentation, dissemination and sharing of knowledge across the agency. * Represent the CPO to external and internal clients; respond appropriately to incoming calls and selected email and voicemail.
* Assist with the planning, facilitation and follow-up for key meetings (including Program Council and other significant cross-program meetings).
* Assist CPO prepare for Board meetings; compile, edit and draft reports for the Board Program Committee.
* Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including members of WestEd’s Administrative Council, Management Council, and program staff across 16 regional offices.
* Perform research and manage special projects as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Masters in education, public policy or related field is a plus.
2. Minimum of three years of relevant experience; expertise or prior experience in the field of education is highly valued.
3. Knowledge of and familiarity with nonprofit organizations is a plus.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to interact and work with internal and external stakeholders, including Board members, senior management, and program staff.
6. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
7. High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently, when necessary.
8. Ability to effectively manage and balance multiple tasks and priorities.
9. Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office.
We invite you to Apply for this Position.
730 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
WestEd is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Positions are open until filled.
* All health benefits effective first of the month following date of hire
* 15% contribution toward retirement effective day one of employment
* 20 vacation days, 10 holidays, 2 personal days
* 12 days sick leave per year