Below is a synopsis of the details for the upcoming SF Summer Jobs Resource Fair onSaturday, May 12th from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Thank you all for your input and help with making this a successful resource for our young job seekers.
We need your help with referring pre-screened youth to the resource fair, helping us screen non- youth at the event as they arrive and with facilitating skill building workshops. In addition, please tell us if you are able to staff a table for your agency.
May 12th SF Summer Jobs+ Resource Fair (10am – 2:00pm at Moscone West)
The objective of this resource fair is to provide our San Francisco Young Job Seekers with resources they need to be successful in their job search this summer. We are targeting 500 youth to attend this event. Here is a list of the resource elements that this resource fair will encompass:
· Community Agency Referral Network:For nearly work ready or not work ready youth, there will be a section of tables where they can learn more about agency that can help them become work ready. That is where we would love to have community agencies advertise their services.
· Skill Building Workshops:Young job seekers will be able to access workshops that will help them gain and enhance basic work readiness skills they will need before meeting with employers for summer jobs.
· Access to Employers: We do want to emphasize that this event isnot a traditional job fair. The employers that will be present will be available to meet and speak with youth one-on-one and will be conducting informational interviews. However, many of these employers will be looking for summer hires and this is a great way to network!
How you and your agency can help
Referring youth to May 12 and SFSJ+ please complete the Work Readiness Screening with youth before sending them to the Resource Fair or having them complete their profile in http://hiresfyouth.com/
Volunteering – We have several ways you and your agency can help. Please CLICK HERE to learn about the volunteer opportunities and to sign up!
If you are interested in facilitating a workshop or have any recommendations for speakers, please email Paige Buck firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also email Paige if you are able to staff a table for your agency (only one email per agency please!)
· SFSJ+ Flyer for Employers
· SFSJ+ Flyer for Youth
· May 12 Resource Fair Flyer
· Work Readiness Assessment
· Master Application (part of work readiness assessment)