1426 Senior Clerk Typist
(One (1) Position, Temporary Exempt)
Specialty: Southeast Community Facility Commission
Department: Public Utilities Commission
Analyst: Vonn Bair
Date Opened: 3/7/2012 8:00:00 AM
Filing Deadline: 3/21/2012 11:59:00 PM
Salary: $21.64 – $26.30/hour
Job Type: Temporary Exempt
Employment Type: As-Needed
Appointment Type, Duration and Location
The San Francisco Public Utilities Commission has one (1) temporary exempt full time position open for a 1426 Senior Clerk Typist located at our Southeast Community Facility Commission not to exceed six months or 1,040 hours. Exempt employees are considered “at will” and serve at the discretion of the appointing officer.
Under general supervision, the 1426 Senior Clerk Typist performs difficult and specialized typing and office clerical work in connection with the preparation and maintenance of a wide variety of operating, financial, purchasing, accounting and similar records and reports; may supervise a small group of subordinate typing and clerical personnel engaged in varied clerical work; and performs related duties as required.
Requires responsibility for: interpreting, carrying out and enforcing existing departmental methods and procedures in connection with office operations; making regular contacts with other departmental personnel, the general public and outside organizations relative to office operations; preparing, checking and reviewing detailed and important office operational records and reports.
Duties Specific to This Position
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, perform a wide variety of clerical/secretarial duties as well as telephone outreach to the community for the effective functioning of the Southeast Community Facility Commission (SECFC), a Division of PUC/WPC. Examples include but are not limited to;
1. Compose/type simple form letters, memos and reports; general office filing; assist in sending inter-department mail to other locations; screen callers by prioritizing their importance specifically;
2. General office filing, assist in mailing projects (inter-office and general);
3. Check telephone messages every morning. Please take note of all messages;
4. Continue to handle the security reports and reconcile with A1-Protective Security Daily Activities Report;
5. Continue updating and data inputting the Southeast Community Facility Commission mailing lists;
6. Check ALP Calendar daily; will be trained to handle the Events Coordinator Job;
7. Check incoming mail from the post office daily, stamp the date received on each mail, and distribute to the mail box;
8. Prepare and mail or fax the SECF Commission Meeting Agendas and Minutes;
9. Answer all in-coming calls from citizens that need assistance, handle phone inquiries in regards to SECF Community Rooms usage and space availability;
10. Receive phone inquiries from our tenants and refer them to the appropriate city service agency or department;
11. Other duties as required.
Experience and Training
1. Ability to type 40 words per minute using a typewriter or word processor;AND
2. Two (2) years of verifiable clerical experience including at least one year at a level comparable to a 1424 Clerk Typist. Experience must have included preparing and maintaining a wide variety of documents and reports, public contact, checking and reviewing documents for completeness, and performing mathematical computations. Working as a sales clerk or restaurant help does not qualify.
Verification: We reserve the right at any time to require qualified applicants to provide self-certification of typing speed, as well as verification of employment history before they can begin work at the SFPUC.
1. A recognized clerical training program of 240 hours or the equivalent of 15 semester units in graded clerical college units may substitute for up to 6 months of experience.
2. City and County employees received credit for duties of the class to which appointed. Credit for experience outside of the employee’s class is allowed only if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules.
Submit your application online here by clicking on the “Apply” link at the top of this webpage, or visithttp://www.jobaps.com/sf/sup/images/default.asp to see this and other available jobs with the City & County of San Francisco. If you are interested in this job, please file immediately,as the posting will close on March 21, 2012.
Applicants are advised to keep a copy of their application papers for their own records, as these documents may be requested by hiring departments at a later date. Failure to submit the required documentations will result in disqualification. Applicants will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement to the next stage of the hiring process. Those applicants most qualified will be offered interviews. Reasonable accommodations under accommodations legislation will be made so that applicants with disabilities may participate in the application and/or selection process. Applicants requesting accommodations should do so by calling (415) 554-1670; TDD (415) 554-1672.
In compliance with the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, all persons entering City and County employment will be required to prove their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
Verification: Verification of education and qualifying experience may be required at a later date.