We have a wonderful Green Jobs training program for young adults 18-24 and we can never seem to get enough women. Can you help? Do you know someone? We’re on a short timeline because we actually need applications in by next week. So if you know of any young women who might be interested, please send them the attached application and flyer.
Here’s some info about the program.
East Bay Green Jobs Corp is a collaboration between Rising Sun Energy Center, Solar Richmond, and Berkeley City College. During the 16-week program, participants:
· Learn job readiness and leadership skills
· Improve math and English skills
· Practice computer skills
· Participate in energy efficiency and solar internships
· Build eco-literacy and civic engagement
· Earn 10 units of college credit (non-transferable)
· Improve professional and customer service skills
· Mindfulness techniques and yoga practices
· Earn a stipend
All EBGJC participants receive case management support, and work with staff to develop an individual plan that addresses their educational and career goals. After completing the EBGJC program, participants can continue on to GED classes, community college certificate or degree programs, vocational training programs, union apprenticeships, or employment.
* Age 18-24
* Resident of Berkeley, Richmond, or Oakland
* Drivers license/State ID and Social Security Card
* 7th grade math/reading level (demonstrated through an assessment)
* High school diploma/GED
* Reliable transportation to get you to and from the program every day, on time (you will receive a bus pass)
* Eligible for BOG Fee Waiver/financial aid
* Consistent child care (if applicable)
Thanks for getting the word out.
Cheers, Michele__ Michele McGeoy Executive Director
The City of Richmond Solar Award – Leading the Bay Area in Watts/Capita