Dear Community Partner,
Year Up Bay Area is accepting applications for our next class, beginning March 2012!
Year Up is an award-winning, tuition-free program that prepares urban young adults for corporate careers in Information Technology and success in higher education. Please help make a difference for young adults that you know by encouraging them to get in touch with Year Up Bay Area. Please note that we anticipate that space will fill-up quickly, so we encourage applicants to apply before our priority deadline: 12/9/2011.
Year Up students have an opportunity to:
Earn a stipend of $150-$250 per week and 13 free college credits
Learn in-demand technical, business communication, and professional skills
Gain hands on experience through internships with leading corporations such as: Facebook, LinkedIn, Mozilla, Salesforce.com, Wells Fargo, Kaiser Permanente, Zynga, Twitter, and eBay
Receive technical certification from City College of San Francisco
Belong to a community with on-going career support and guidance
Our graduates demonstrate our success. Within 4 months of graduation, 88% of Year Up alumni are employed and earning competitive wages, or in college full time.
If you know a young person, age 18-24, who has a high school diploma or a GED, is eligible to work in the United States and is hungry for an opportunity to succeed, please encourage them to apply to Year Up.
Classes Begin March 6, 2011. We strongly encourage interested candidates to apply prior to our priority deadline, 12/9/2011.
HOW TO CONNECT WITH YEAR UP BAY AREA:
· Complete an Online Interest Form: We will respond within 48 hours: http://www.yearup.org/apply/interestform.htm
· Call: Anita Lovaincy: 415-512-7588, x3504 or Tameko Jones: 415-512-7588, x3507
· Attend an Open House: Held every Wednesday at 11:30 am at Year Up: 210 Spear Street, San Francisco. (RSVP is encouraged but not required)
· Schedule a short presentation at your site by Year Up Outreach staff
· Arrange a visit to Year Up Bay Area for your staff and participants
· Forward this email and distribute the attached flyer to young adults you work with.
We look forward to working together with you. All the best,
Director of Admissions & Student Services
Year Up Bay Area
210 Spear Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
415-512-7588 ext. 3507
empowering urban talent to reach their potential