Job Title: One Stop Operator Consortium Assistant Administrator – Exempt
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 12/23/11 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $33.67 – $40.93 Hourly
$2,693.82 – $3,274.36 Biweekly
$5,836.62 – $7,094.44 Monthly
$70,039.44 – $85,133.28 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Contra Costa County, California
The Contra Costa County Employment and Human Services Department is announcing an excellent employment opportunity to fill a One-Stop Operator Consortium Assistant Administrator position. The One-Stop Career Centers in Contra Costa County are overseen by a Consortium of nine agencies as allowed by the Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
The One-Stop Operator Consortium Assistant Administrator will be responsible for the administration and management of the direct services of the One-Stop Career Centers. This position will serve as chief assistant to the Administrator to ensure direct services of the One-Stops are maintained at the highest level of integration between partners, resources and quality. The Assistant Administrator will advise and make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of One-Stop operations; collaborate with federal, state, education, labor and other agencies regarding the delivery of workforce development and economic development services; and assist with implementation of workforce developmental policies and procedures.
The eligible list established from this examination may remain in effect for six (6) months.
· Prepares operational bulletins and operational directives based on the Workforce Investment Act legislation and in coordination with other funding sources
· Provides assessment and analysis of Workforce Development Board policy recommendations and budgetary impact
· Advises and makes recommendations to the Administrator on disposition of matters requiring Consortium approval, including, but not limited to issues related to One Stop Career Center training accounts, funding, and State communications
· Supervises day-to-day operations and reviews the performance of subordinate staff
· Makes recommendations to the Administrator to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation of the One-Stop centers
· Researches and writes funding proposals
· Prepares reports and correspondence for the Administrator’s approval relating to all aspects of Consortium efforts
· Assists the Administrator with implementation of workforce developmental policies and procedures
· Collaborates daily with federal, state, education, labor and other agencies in the delivery of workforce development and economic development services
License Required: Candidates must possess and maintain throughout the duration of employment a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License. Out of state valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business administration, public administration, social work or a closely related field.
Experience: Three (3) years of full-time (or the equivalent of full-time) experience in an economic development or employment and training program with responsibilities that included administrative, regulatory, and/or budgetary analysis, two (2) years of which must have been obtained in a public agency and/or non-profit agency with experience working with federal and/or state funded programs.
Substitution for Education: Additional qualifying experience of the type noted above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis up to a maximum of two (2) years.
Substitution for Academic Major: One (1) additional year of qualifying experience of the type noted above may be substituted for the required academic major.
Substitution for Experience: Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business or public administration or a closely related field may substitute for one (1) year of the required experience.
1. Application Filing: Applicants are encouraged to apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr, or, a completed Contra Costa County application and supplemental questionnaire must be received or postmarked by the final filing date listed above. Faxed applications WILL NOT be accepted. Resumes may not be substituted for the official County application. An application may be obtained by visiting our office at 651 Pine St., 2nd floor, Martinez, CA 94553 or the County application can be mailed to you by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Oral Interview: An oral interview will be conducted by a Qualifications Appraisal Board in Martinez, CA. The Board will evaluate candidates in job-related areas. Candidates must receive a rating of at least 70 from a majority of the Board members to be ranked on the employment list. (Weighted 100%)
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.