SF State’s MPA department is introducing a new project for the Spring 2012 semester to support San Francisco’s 501(c)3 community based organizations. I know it’s late notice, but please let us know if we can come and give a quick shout out about our project to Mo’Magic orgs (give Amy a call at 408-482-2326 if it’s possible and/or you have any questions).
Either way, we would also appreciate it if you could spread the word by sending this e-mail out to your members and/or putting it up on your website? CBOs apply to participate online at our website (sfcbosupportproject.org) and the deadline is December 16, 2011.
SFCBOSP Project Manager
SF State’s MPA Program and the Institute for Civic and Community Engagement are excited to introducethe San Francisco CBO Support Project.
The SF CBO Support Project partners with the staff of community-based organizations to support the planning, delivery, communications, and evaluation of mission-serving programs in San Francisco.
Visit our website to learn more and apply for our Spring 2012 offering:sfcbosupportproject.org(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the December 16, 2011 deadline.)
· Does your 501(c)3 CBO provide activities/services that directly support the well-being of San Francisco community members?
· Are the staff who manage and/or coordinate your organization’s mission-serving programs interested in learning about best practices for nonprofit management and receiving structured support to strengthen the planning, delivery, communications, and evaluation of their programs?
If so, your CBO is invited to nominate one or more of its mission-serving programs to participate in the CBO Support Project, a highly structured, semester-long project offered through a graduate level course in nonprofit administration and management in SF State’s MPA program (PA 745: Nonprofit Administration).
Visit our website at http://sfcbosupportproject.org to learn more and apply for the Spring 2012 offering! Questions? Emailsfcbosp@sfsu.edu *or* attend one of the Following Free Information Sessions:
· Saturday, Dec. 3, 11 am – 12 noon
· Thursday, Dec. 8, 12 – 1 pm
· Please RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
· Location: SF State Downtown Campus
835 Market Street, Room 516
San Francisco, CA 94103 (Powell St. BART/MUNI)
Jennifer Shea, Ph.D.
Director, Nonprofit Management Certificate Program
Department of Public Administration
San Francisco State University
835 Market Street, Suite 515
San Francisco, CA 94103