HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYST II
Monthly Salary Range:$7,061 – $8,174
Online applications must be submittedto the Recruitment Division by
Friday, November 4, 2011 by 4:30 p.m.
Qualified applicants are invited to applyfor this part-time position. This position provides recruiting, employmenttesting and related services for all East Bay Municipal Utility District(EBMUD) departments that comprise the largest, independently operated water andwastewater utility on the West Coast. Some of the functional departments thatcollectively further the mission and objectives of EBMUD include Engineering& Construction, Operations & Maintenance, Wastewater, Water & NaturalResources, Administration, and Information Systems. EBMUD’s workforce ofapproximately 1800 staff members include managers, supervisors, technicians,employees, and unions.
In addition to strong technical skills indesigning and administering merit-system examination processes and conductingtask-based job analyses, the ideal candidate must have excellent customerservice and communications skills and a collaborative team-oriented workstyle. The ideal candidate will also be technology savvy, innovative,independent, energetic, and capable of working in a high productionenvironment.
Typical responsibilities include:
· Consulting with hiring managers andsupervisors to identify recruitment needs and design effective recruitment/candidateselection strategies
· Designing,developing, administering and validating a variety of employment tests andsupporting materials
· Conductingdetailed, task-based job analyses and developing content valid selection planswith supporting documentation
· Utilizingstate-of-the-art recruitment methods including targeted and broad-basedrecruiting to attract and retain a viable, diverse and effective workforce
· Preparinga variety of original written materials including recruitment and testingdocuments, job analysis reports, advertisements, written instructions andvarious correspondence
· Analyzingand interpreting a variety of statistical data
· Interpretingand applying EBMUD rules and procedures as well as provisions of applicablestate and federal equal employment laws
· Communicatingorally with a variety of audiences, including giving instructions to groups ofcandidates, providing candidate feedback, giving direction to clericalassistants or interview panels, and meeting with employees
· Completinga variety of special projects as needed, which may involve extensive research,project scheduling, coordination with other departments and/or preparation ofmajor reports
· May also performtasks in classification, compensation, labor relations, training, and benefits.
Completion of four years of college resulting ingraduation or its equivalent; and two years of experience in personnelselection and merit system/civil service employment testing, recruitment, jobanalysis, or position classification and compensation. Must possess a valid Californiadriver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
An equivalent combination of education andexperience may be considered for this position by including in your applicationmaterials written evidence of employment performed at the level of the typicalduties of the position and/or coursework in subject areas directly related tothis position.
Visit www.ebmud.com to submit your EBMUD applicationonline by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 4, 2011. Only application materialssubmitted online during the filing period will be accepted. Applicationmaterials faxed, mailed or delivered to EBMUD will not be accepted. It is yourresponsibility to clearly specify your experience. Applicants presenting thebest combination of job-related qualifications will be reviewed for further consideration.NOTE: The recruitment for this part-time position will not result in theestablishment of a civil service list. Relatives of full-time, regular EBMUDemployees are not eligible for non-civil service part-time employment.
All applicants receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status,age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
PLEASE POST IMMEDIATELY