Apply to Join DCYF’s Youth Empowerment Fund Advisory Board (YEFAB)
Applications Due Monday, September 12th @ 5pm
Term from October 2011 to July 2012
Download an application from www.yefsf.org/whoweare
Do you want to be a youth leader in San Francisco?
Do you want to help make changes in your community?
Do you think youth should have a say in government decisions?
Want to learn about amazing youth programs in San Francisco?
If you answered YES!, you should apply to join the Youth Empowerment Fund Advisory Board (YEFAB)!
The Youth Empowerment Fund (YEF) of the San Francisco Department of Children, Youth, and Their Families is looking for passionate youth leaders to help us decide how to fund and support youth programs throughout San Francisco. Each year, the YEF gives out over $1 million to youth-led projects and programs including youth grant-making, community organizing, and leadership programs. Members of the YEFAB work closely with the SF Youth Commission and other youth leaders, serve as a youth voice on important citywide issues, and fund and evaluate the programs within the Youth Empowerment Fund.
RESPONSIBILITIES: What exactly do you do as YEFAB member?
- Work and attend meetings up to 5 hours a week
- Decide how to fund and evaluate youth-led projects
- Reach out to youth and community members
- Facilitate trainings, workshops, and focus groups
- Learn about amazing youth programs and community organizations in SF
REWARDS: What do you get as a YEFAB member?
- Receive a stipend of $10/hr for up to $2000
- Develop leadership skills and personal growth
- Make new friends from all parts of SF!!!
For more info, contact Bryant Tan, Youth Empowerment Fund Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-557-6727
DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION FROM www.yefsf.org/whoweare