Make an appointment to drop off your items at the Gigantic 3 Debris Boxes!
District 5 residents can call Sunset Scavenger at 415-330-1300 to recycle, compost, and drop off bulky items on:
Saturday, June 18, 2011 between 8:00 am and 12:00 noon
Baker Street, Between Fell and Oak (Entrance from Fell ONLY)
Green Waste and Other Compostables
- Yard waste, landscaping debris, and all other organic material: leaves, grass, flowers, tree and brush trimmings, plants, weeds, food scraps, etc.
Free Shredding & Document Destruction, Truck on site
- Limited to two Bankers boxes
Large or Bulky Items
- Curbside recyclable material (cans, glass bottles, plastic bottles, cardboard, and all paper).
- Appliances (water heaters, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers).
- Scrap Metal (any item that contains metal, such as a kitchen chair, lamp, pipes, bird cage, bed frame, etc.).
- Mattresses and Box Springs (including futon mattresses).
- Electronics (including stereo equipment, VCR’s, old telephones and microwaves).
- Goodwill Industries will be on hand to recycle and reuse computer equipment (limit 5 computers per household).
Non Recyclable/Non-Compostable Waste
- Plastic bags, Styrofoam, ceramics, light bulbs, painted or treated wood, etc.
Goodwill Industries will be onsite to accept donations such as clothes or furniture in resale condition.
Special Wastes – The following special waste items can be dropped off at the Gigantic 3 site:
- Used motor oil/oil filters. Place used filters in a plastic bag. Do not mix motor oil with anything!
- All household batteries (non-automotive)
- Fluorescent bulbs and tubes (broken tubes will not be accepted)
An appointment is encouraged! For program information go to www.sfcleancity.com.