Promoting Resiliency in Adolescent Girls
Learn Skills to Lead Engaging Support Groups for Girls!
A workshop for service providers, educators, therapists, probation officers, social workers, mental health workers, & others who support girls’ growth and development. Girls Circle training has been applied across all systems of care: schools, mental health, juvenile justice, community-based organizations and child welfare agencies.
Rated a Promising Approach by the Office of Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention
What can you do to encourage adolescent girls to…
- Enhance judgment and critical thinking skills?
- Stay true to themselves and value their perceptions?
- Make wise and healthy choices/decisions?
- Counter trends towards self-doubt?
- Respect themselves and others?
- Voice their ideas and opinions in a safe environment?
Girls Circle Facilitator Training is a workshop that provides adults with a solid, progressive framework of skills to facilitate gender-responsive programs for girls.
13 CEUs to LCSW in NASW approved states. 1 College Credit offered.
June 13-14, 2011
San Pablo, CA
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Early Bird Fee: $295.00
8:00 am – 8:30 am: Sign-in, Continental Breakfast
8:30 am: Instruction begins
$350 Registration Fee after May 16th
(Full 2-day attendance required)
City of San Pablo
13831 San Pablo Avenue #4
at Alvarado Square
San Pablo, CA 94806
- Philosophy and Rationale of Girls Circles
- The Six Step Circle Format – Why it Works
- Creating Trust, Bonding, and Cohesion
- Handling Challenging Group Dynamics
- Primary Role of the Facilitator
- Effective Facilitation Skills – Get Girls Talking
- Shaping and Holding Lively Group Discussions
- Co-Facilitation as an Option
Register online at www.girlscircle.com or call 707-794-9477. Attendees will receive a coupon at the training for 15% off on materials. Coupon will be valid from Day 2 of the training and last for 30 days. Not redeemable with previous purchases. Scholarship application available on the training page at www.girlscircle.com.
Registration fee includes 2-day training, facilitator manual, and continental breakfast.
Girls Circle Association is a Project of the Tides Center