Community Vital Signs Workshops
Building on our success developing the Community Vital Signs framework in 2010, the Community Benefits Partnership has launched “Phase II: Moving the Needle,” a series of monthly workshops in 2011. Each workshop will be devoted to discussion and networking around two of our 10 health goals/affinity groups. Join other passionate community health stakeholders as we work to “move the needle” on the health indicators we developed in 2010. Each meeting will be an opportunity to discuss key issues with other passionate community health stakeholders. Join us for any or all health goals.
Time & Location:
From 10 a.m. to Noon
San Francisco Department of Public Health
101 Grove Street, Room 220
- April 1: Stop the Spread of Infectious Diseases/Prevent and Detect Cancer
- May 6: Increase Access to Quality Medical Care/Raise Healthy Kids
- June 3: Increase Physical Activity and Healthy Eating to Reduce Chronic Disease/Eliminate Health Disparities (please note the change in topics)
Please RSVP for the next meeting to Eddie Kurtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Community Vital Signs project, visit: www.healthmattersinsf.org, and if there is a health goal that you are passionate about, join our effort:
- Contribute your ideas and discuss assets, best practices, and resource gaps for each health goal
- Network with other affinity group members
- Help us map out San Francisco’s many organizations and programs and create a pathway to reach our health goals
- If you’re interested in goals we’ve already discussed (i.e. Have a Safe and Healthy Place to Live & Improve Behavioral Health), let us know, and we’ll make sure you hear about future opportunities to become involved.
Accessible Meeting Information
101 Grove St. is wheelchair accessible. Materials in large print will be available at the meeting. To request an assistive listening device, real-time captioning, sign language interpreter or other accommodations for a disability, please contact Jim Soos at (415) 554-2633 or e-mail: Jim.Soos@sfdph.org. Providing at least 72 hours advance notice will help to ensure availability.