Alcoa Foundation and Institute for Civic Leadership Establish Alcoa Global Service Leaders Scholarship Program
The Alcoa Foundation, the corporate foundation of global aluminum producer Alcoa, has announced a partnership with the Institute for Civic Leadership to establish the Alcoa Global Service Leaders Scholarship Program. The new program invites students between the ages of 15 and 18 anywhere in the world to apply for full scholarships of up to $5,000 to attend ICL’s 2011 Summer Academy, a comprehensive, two-week hands-on summer leadership program for students who have passion for leadership and service.
The scholarship winners will have a unique opportunity to study and learn together at Dwight International School in Vancouver Island, Canada. Students will learn about sustainable leadership and will master key leadership skills through workshops, team-building exercises, games, and excursions.
Alcoa will reward 50 secondary and high school students in the 9th, 10th, or 11th standard, grade, or year with full scholarships to a two-week summer session. Those students will join 50 other individuals from across the world for a unique opportunity to study and learn together at Dwight International School (DIS), Vancouver Island, Canada. Scholarships are also open to Alcoans’ children.
- Competitive selection process with no guarantees for scholarships
- Selection is open to students who are ages 15 to 18 years
- ICL Summer Leadership Academy is in session from August 1 to 14, 2011
- Academy located at The Dwight International School, Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia
- Strong abilities with English are required.