The QuestBridge College Prep Scholarship levels the playing field of college admissions. It equips high-achieving low-income juniors with the knowledge necessary to compete for admission to the nation’s most selective colleges.
Selected students will receive one or more of the following awards:
- Full scholarships to college summer programs: 10 students will receive scholarships to summer school programs at Emory, Harvard, Notre Dame, Penn, Stanford, or Yale. The scholarships will cover the full cost of travel, tuition, and room & board.
- Individualized college admissions counseling: 40 students will each be paired with an experienced counselor from QuestBridge’s staff and will receive personalized admissions advice via phone and e-mail throughout the college application process.
- College Admissions Conference invitations: 1,000 students will be invited to QuestBridge conferences at Stanford or Yale. Participants will attend workshops on how low-income students can successfully apply to leading colleges. They also will meet college admissions officers and learn more about the opportunities that QuestBridge offers.
- Expense-paid campus visits: 100 students will have their travel expenses and room & board covered by a QuestBridge partner college to visit their campus.
- Tele-mentoring with college students: 100 students will each be paired with an Amherst College student who will provide advice about the college admissions process.
- Quest for Excellence Awards: selected students will receive awards such as new laptops and full scholarships to college summer programs.
The College Prep Scholarship application is available at www.questbridge.org. The application is free of charge and is due March 29, 2011.
The College Prep Scholarship also prepares students to be successful applicants to the QuestBridge National College Match program in the fall of their senior year. The National College Match pairs outstanding low-income high school seniors with admission and full scholarships to our partner colleges. Last year, 310 students gained admission and full scholarships to selective colleges through the National College Match, and over 1,000 more QuestBridge applicants were admitted with generous financial aid through the QuestBridge Regular Decision process.
QuestBridge partners include: Amherst College, Bowdoin College, Brown University, Caltech, Columbia University, Dartmouth College, Emory University, Haverford College, MIT, Northwestern University, Oberlin College, Parsons The New School for Design, Pomona College, Princeton University, Rice University, Scripps College, Stanford University, Swarthmore College, Trinity College University of Chicago, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Virginia, Vassar College, Washington and Lee University, Wellesley College, Wesleyan University, Williams College, and Yale University.
For more information about our partner colleges, please see our http://www.questbridge.org/students/partners.html.
QuestBridge is a non-profit program. Our organization has worked for 16 years to place top-tier college opportunities within reach for outstanding low-income students.