Year Up is now accepting applications for classes starting in March 2011. The deadline is February 11, however, applicants are admitted on a rolling basis.
Year Up is an award-winning, tuition-free program that prepares urban young adults for corporate careers in Information Technology and success in higher education. Our participants have an opportunity to:
- Earn a stipend of $150-$250 per week and 13 free college credits
- Learn in-demand technical, business communication, and professional skills for 5 months
- Succeed in 6 month corporate internships with local corporations, such as LinkedIn, Salesforce.com, Wells Fargo, Kaiser Permanente, Zynga, and others
- Receive technical certification from City College of San Francisco
- Belong to a community with on-going career support and guidance
Our success is our graduates. Within 4 months of graduation, 80% of Year Up graduates are in college and/or working, earning $35,000 a year on average (a tenfold increase in their earning prior to coming to Year Up).
If you know a young person, age 18-24, who has a high school diploma or a GED and is hungry for an opportunity to succeed, please let them know about Year Up.
CLASSES BEGIN MARCH 8, 2011 — Applicants admitted on a rolling basis
FOR MORE INFO:
Phone: Call Anita Lovaincy: 415-512-7588, extension x3504
Interest Form: Fill out online and someone will follow up with you:http://www.yearup.org/apply/interestform.htm
Open House: Held every Wednesday from 4:00-5:00pm at 210 Spear Street