Gates Millennium Scholars
The 2011 Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) scholarship application is now available. GMS will select 1,000 talented students to receive a “good through graduation” scholarship to use at any college or university of their choice.
Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they:
- Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American or Hispanic American
- Are a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the USA
- Have attained a cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 on an un- weighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED
- Will enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited college or university in the fall of 2011 as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student (with the exception of students pursuing a high school diploma while concurrently enrolled); first-time college enrollees can also be GED recipients
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities
- Meet the Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
The application deadline is January 10, 2011 at 11:59 PM EST. For more information, please visit www.gmsp.org.
Ron Brown Scholar Program
The Ron Brown Scholar Program is a national program that awards scholarships to academically talented, highly motivated African American high school seniors who intend to pursue undergraduate degrees full-time. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. The Program honors the late Ronald H. Brown, Secretary of Commerce during the Clinton administration. These scholarships are reserved for exceptional individuals who share Brown’s traits of excellence, leadership, commitment to public service and a desire to make a difference. In addition, applicants must demonstrate financial need.
The application deadline is January 9, 2011. For more information, please visit www.ronbrown.org.